My command prompt seems to crash/freeze after a certain amount of time being open - page 2

Dean-Trades #: William... If you read the title first and then read the post, it would not be rocket science to understand I am referring to the Command Prompt. Dominik did not have a hard time figuring that one out.
Dean-Trades #: Fernando, it's your general attitude. There are other ways to reply to someone posts. You're always so aggressive/passive aggressive in your responses, it makes me not want to talk to you at all. Perhaps I could have put a little more information, or perhaps not. What I don't need is your condescending responses.

Unfortunately, you will soon find out that Dominik's suggestion will not fix your problem. Even if you use "/start" to spawn the task and release the "cmd", it will not prevent it from "freezing" the other task itself.

Had enough information been given, then maybe, we could have been able to offer you a more concrete solution. As it is now, nothing was solved and you will be back soon wanting to resolve the "new" issue.

However, since I apparently have a condescending and general attitude problem, I will not be offering you any assistance in the future. I wish you all the best.

Sounds like a windows issue, putting the process in some sleep mode of sorts. Try and see if your server is setup for real time operating or backgrounds processes. Don't know if that helps. A hack would be to periodically kick the process like you do maximizing but in some automated fashion. If it keeps running, then for sure windows for some reason decides to put it in the background.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Unfortunately, you will soon find out that Dominik's suggestion will not fix your problem. Even if you use "/start" to spawn the task and release the "cmd", it will not prevent it from "freezing" the other task itself.

Had enough information been given, then maybe, we could have been able to offer you a more concrete solution. As it is now, nothing was solved and you will be back soon wanting to resolve the "new" issue.

However, since I apparently have a condescending and general attitude problem, I will not be offering you any assistance in the future. I wish you all the best.

Jup. Probably won't solve it.

Dean-Trades #:

Interesting. I didn't know you could do that. So theoretically the process will continue running even if the CMD window freezes?

I don't know. But it for sure will give you the info, if it is related to the process you are running or the CMD window you are using.

Anyways, you can manage the started process with multiple options, and settings, like CPU affinity, priority, and so on..

This way, you can exclude or include whatever you think the source of the issue is.

For some apparent reason, the process stals, and that is most likely OS related, as it starts interacting again once you "touch" the window.

So that's where I came up with the idea of detaching the process from the CMD. Because CMD is treated differently than a spawned process.

Else, you could try to run your process from the PowerShell, and see if you get similar issues.

Or you could set up a scheduled task to run at logon or system startup...

Whatever the scenario is, it seems, from the information provided, OS related, at least, that's where I would start.
Reason: