Starting terminal.exe with a profile through a batch file

mp535  

I want to start MT4 with a specific profile through a batch file.

Is this the correct way?

terminal.exe /profile:"C:\Users\abc\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\xyz\profiles\NASDAQ"

I found this solution on another forum, but Im not able to direct the terminal to use the AppData folder:

echo NASDAQ > profileslastprofile.ini

timeout /t 1

START /MAX terminal.exe

Would the batch work with the following correction?

echo NASDAQ > " C:\Users\abc\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\xyz\profiles\profileslastprofile.ini"

timeout /t 1

START /MAX terminal.exe

I cant get to my pc to try it for the next 9 hours, so help and insight is highly appreciated.

mp535  
Fernando Carreiro #:

The details on how to start the terminal from the command line are in the documentation ...Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help

1. Im using MT4 and Win10. I should have put this in the title.

2. If i just use  ´terminal.exe /profile:NASDAQ´, the terminal searches in its own root directory, instead of the AppData folder, where the profiles i created are saved.

I want to apologise, if im mistaken.

Fernando Carreiro  

mp535 #:

1. Im using MT4 and Win10. I should have put this in the title.
2. If i just use  ´terminal.exe /profile:NASDAQ´, the terminal searches in its own root directory, instead of the AppData folder, where the profiles i created are saved.

Then read the MT4 documentation — Help → Help Topics (F1) ... Tools → Configuration at Startup

Next time, please post in the MT4/MQL4 section which is at the very end of the forum.

Reason: