Do you believe in Robot? - page 3

Arpit T #:

In my view, market keeps changing its behavior, sometime it aggressively go up, sometime it crashes, sometime it is in range, 

sometimes its making higher high and higher low (swings)

since the market keeps changing its behavior, its very complex to build a robot which recognizes all conditions of market and trade based on the behavior of market, Most of the EA sellers are either working on some logic where it only works when market is making swings but it loses money when market

consolidates or crash or rise aggressively, You will notice when market is aggressive and going up, all resistance of any strategy like Pivot point resistance will fail, but when market is normal, pivot point works fine. 

MT5 gives us precious opportunity to create automated trading, but as i believe it may take 10-15 years before any successful "TRADER" can code any EA which really works after analysing the bahaviour of market and act based on it.

what i know is the real traders who are making money from market are not coders, and the coders are not the trader.

When a trader becomes coder, it will be highly likely that that trader will be able to build a successful EA

but its highly unlikely that he will put it for selling

There can be some exceptions when a trader hires a coder to build up his ideas and then make a EA but again the problem will be that it needs to study behavior of market which is a missing point in most of EA. A Robot only follows instruction, but can not think. Machine learning is a different topic which i am not considering now

I am a trader and I trade using harmonics pattern and Fibonacci. My friend introduced me to MT5, I registered about 2 years ago, then learnt to code my logic first, I failed to code and hired coders from freelancing to get my job done, After 2 years, I still dont have any EA, but what is working for me is I am using Mt5 to get alerts when my logic is seen on chart, then i verify it manually then i trade.

If i want to convert my logic into EA, there are some conditions which i believe will be very complex to code, but in future i have plans to build a successful EA.

I think this is the smart strategies to use technologies to make use easier to execute the trading. Then at the end it the depend our self either entry to the market or not.

Ahmet Metin Yilmaz #:

I agree with most of the observations. It was said that artificial intelligence cannot be created in the past, but it can still be used practically in many sector. Although the market does not always operate with the same rules, it still has a cycle, it may be possible for different algorithms operating under different conditions to be activated at different times according to the results of a market synthesizer algorithm.

Yeah, I can consider your opinion Ahmet and Arpit. In a normal movement market, it "may" (not "definitely") work, but in a high movement market, it certainly doesn't work.

Hansen:

Hi guys, 

Why do some people sell their robots? Generally, if the robot is the solution to earn money, it won't be easy for them to sell it.

In my opinion most of the EAs out there for sale does not worth it. There might be good ones on sale as well, like 1% of the total EAs out there. I wouldn't sell my own EA not only because i have spent so much time and effort in it but also because after 3 months of live testing on a real money account, results are very good... so yes, mostly EAs are beeing sold because they are far from what they are advertised for.

Why use an EA?

There are many reasons, but I really want to bust one myth, using an EA is not better than manual traders and vice versa.

The use of EA is for several reasons:

- Remove human emotion, as we know, emotion can push us to make the wrong decisions despite one of the well-defined signals.

- Since risk management is not managed by the EA, there is no risk of derogating from risk management

- Time, unlike manual trading, the robot works all the time and is able to act at the right time. We as humans are not always on the market and we can miss opportunities (especially in scalping).

After that are the advantages I see of EAs, now the disadvantages.

- If the EA is badly coded and makes a risk management error, for example, this error will be duplicated several times and can cause a big loss.

- The EA is binary it is 0 or 1, unlike us humans we are able to have this filling and derogate from the signals and for good reasons.

- Adapt to news and the market.

Marian Nelu Iopsu #:

In my opinion most of the EAs out there for sale does not worth it. There might be good ones on sale as well, like 1% of the total EAs out there. I wouldn't sell my own EA not only because i have spent so much time and effort in it but also because after 3 months of live testing on a real money account, results are very good... so yes, mostly EAs are beeing sold because they are far from what they are advertised for.

Yes, I agree with you, especially since we always notice the same scenario, the EAs that sell use Grid or Martingale or it is over optimised for a given period. These manipulations are there to give an illusion of getting rich very easily.

Coupled with the marketing strategy of saying that there are "x" copies left before the price is more expensive, the naive pounce on it for fear of seeing a product that can make them rich become more expensive.

For me an EA if it is profitable over time, the best is to rent it cheap. I explain in my FAQ on my EAs why.

Q: Why only rent the robots?

A: My robots work over the long term, you can observe it in the backtest there are periods of fall, but being well controlled the losses are minimal and the ratio between losses and gains is well above 1, it is sometimes enough a single gain to make 4 or even 5 losses profitable. If my robot works for the long term, I think you will be happy to pay for a cheaper robot that brings you profits before you have to renew. We often feel this frustration see a robot that wins, but which is very expensive, we would almost like to say to the author, lend me the robot and when he has won enough, I will pay you. Here with the rental we get closer to this service. At the same time for me, it's more profitable in the long term (I'm talking about 10 years) example: paying 10*30$=300$ is more profitable for me than giving you a lifetime license for 200$. At the same time in 10 years for you, the robot must generate enough profit to make this sum insignificant.

Ahmet Metin Yilmaz # :

Tôi đồng ý với hầu hết các quan sát. Trước đây, người ta nói rằng trí tuệ nhân tạo không thể được tạo ra, nhưng nó vẫn có thể được sử dụng thực tế trong nhiều lĩnh vực. Mặc dù trường thị không phải lúc nào cũng vận hành theo các quy định giống nhau, nhưng nó vẫn có chu kỳ, có thể các thuật toán khác nhau hoạt động trong các điều kiện khác nhau được kích hoạt vào các thời điểm khác nhau kết quả của trường tổng hợp thuật toán.

i agree with you guys that if they have a good EA they don't sell or sell at very high price unless they give a signal to sell back and i think every EA is dangerous if it doesn't have SL and TP

An EA can generate profits.It depends on the user experience and expertise.Every EA is designed to trade in certain market situations and the need to know those situations.No EA is fully Auto as it requires user intervention from time to time.Its just like a vehicle.you need a good driver to drive over all kinds of terrain

Do you believe in Robot?

Of course. Robots are better than humans... Do you believe in Scientific Calculator or Manual Calculation? You would believe in Robot only if you have watched Man vs. Robot XD

Hansen:

Hi guys, 

Why do some people sell their robots? Generally, if the robot is the solution to earn money, it won't be easy for them to sell it.

Why do people sell stuff? To earn Money as simple as that (from Khaby), (Who are you trying to impress?  Pffff).

Notes:

- There are lots of robots designed for certain conditions. So a robot is not always profitable in any circumstances. You should be wise when to use a Certain robot, so spend some time with a robot to realize and know it well :D

- They sell the robot not the strategy behind that. 

- A robot could be as simple as opening a trade at a known time or as complex as fundamental analysis and chart analysis.

As long as you are waiting by patient hopefully to meet your condition in the market and placeing your order by thinking and analysis, the robot does that in the best way and in a second.

There are lots of reasons you may know better than me. Again a robot is designed for certain action(s) based on certain condition(s).

List your do(s) step by step precisely when trading. Ask sb to create a robot for that and test it to notice its Power.

_MAHA_ #:
Of course. Robots are better than humans... Do you believe in Scientific Calculator or Manual Calculation? You would believe in Robot only if you have watched Man vs. Robot XD

Why do people sell stuff? To earn Money as simple as that (from Khaby), (Who are you trying to impress?  Pffff).

Notes:

- There are lots of robots designed for certain conditions. So a robot is not always profitable in any circumstances. You should be wise when to use a Certain robot, so spend some time with a robot to realize and know it well :D

- A robot could be as simple as opening a trade at a known time or as complex as fundamental analysis and chart analysis.

As long as you are waiting by patient hopefully to meet your condition in the market and placeing your order by thinking and analysis, the robot does that in the best way and in a second.

There are lots of reasons you may know better than me. Again a robot is designed for certain action(s) based on certain condition(s).

List your do(s) step by step precisely when trading. Ask sb to create a robot for that and test it to notice its Power.
Dear My Friend MAHA,
Who type the calculator? So, a calculator just a tool, but the executor is ourselves. A calculator can't analyze the market movement. But a human can analyze then predict the market. So the highest investment is adding knowledge for ourselves.

_MAHA_ #:

Notes:

Dear My Friend MAHA,
Who type the calculator? So, a calculator just a tool, but the executor is ourselves. A calculator can't analyze the market movement. But a human can analyze then predict the market. So the highest investment is adding knowledge for ourselves. We are the right executor not a tool
Reason: