MT5 Language Editor not working (M2 MacBook Pro)

Hi Everyone

Recently got the new M2 MacBook Pro but struggling with the Mt5 platform, specifically the Metaquotes Language Editor. When I click "IDE' or open editor under tools, mt5 freezes for a few minutes and just doesn't open the editor.

I downloaded the latest version Download MetaTrader 5 for macOS >> from 366889 , uninstalled and re installed but nothing working. Could it be the new M2 chip which requires an updated ready-made dmg package or a compatibility update within Mt5 itself?

Works fine with my previous M1 MacBook Pro, only got the new M2 as my M1 had liquid damage and insurance paid out at the time of the M2 release.

Would appreciate any feedback :)

MetaTrader 5 for macOS: ready-made DMG package and CrossOver update
MetaTrader 5 for macOS: ready-made DMG package and CrossOver update
  • www.mql5.com
We have recently released a DMG package for easy MetaTrader 5 installation on macOS computers...

I do not have MacBook but the only information I found is the following:
MetaTrader 5 HelpGetting StartedFor Advanced UsersInstallation on Mac OS
Trading Platform - MetaTrader 5 Help
Trading Platform - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Trading Platform is the trader's working tool, providing all the necessary features for a successful online trading. It includes trading...

JustinAbouchabki:

Hi Everyone

Recently got the new M2 MacBook Pro but struggling with the Mt5 platform, specifically the Metaquotes Language Editor. When I click "IDE' or open editor under tools, mt5 freezes for a few minutes and just doesn't open the editor.

I downloaded the latest version Download MetaTrader 5 for macOS >> from 366889 , uninstalled and re installed but nothing working. Could it be the new M2 chip which requires an updated ready-made dmg package or a compatibility update within Mt5 itself?

Works fine with my previous M1 MacBook Pro, only got the new M2 as my M1 had liquid damage and insurance paid out at the time of the M2 release.

Would appreciate any feedback :)

Hi! I have exactly the same problem. Not even the strategy tester agent works. Problem appears to be that build 3337 is a beta, which however, is distributed to users through the stand alone download version as well as the live updater (which forces the update to take place, even when I have rejected the update). All my four M1 Macs are now not able to use MT5. 

Best,

Birger

Jan Birger Heldt #: Problem appears to be that build 3337 is a beta, \
So stop using Beta's.

Hi justin, im running version 5.0.0.3331 on a mac mini with an m1 chip and i'm experiencing the same issue, have you found a solution yet?

Hi everyone, just got a new Mac M1 Max and same issue as you guys....

after reading all this thread started searching for options to download previous versions (meaning build) of MT5 and haven't found anything so far

then luckily that I still have my previous Mac I found and older dmg file from May/2022 which installs 3228 and IDE works fine, but MT5 downloads and offers to install updates, it carries build 3360 and IDE stopped working 

In a nutshell, I removed all it again and installed build 3228.... as of now I will keep distance from updates till a new version solve this problem 

Could you share the old .dmg file through gdrive?

There you go

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fISYhoLGF2sFha6Xm07o5d6SY0dP7Gug?usp=sharing

Thank you! I have been pulling my hair all day trying to find an old .dmg file. You are a true life saver!

My Meta Editor and tester is working again!

You're welcome !

Just keep in mind that life updater will install build 3600 every time you load it regardless you wanted or not, so keep this dmg file so you can reinstall it whenever necessary

please, anyone in this looping let the rest of us know when MT5 guys fix this once for all  

best

Reason: