NormalizeDouble problem

Do you guys have some other alternative for displaying a number in the chart window in a desired format other than NormalizeDouble function?

I am asking because I have been using this function and, while this works quite ok in most of the cases, sometimes it seems to fail.

Scenario: I am making some calculation and updating the calculation on every tick. The result of this calculation is show in the chart window, and as mentioned, is updated on every tick.

Problem: the number displays most of the times correctly, say 1234.56, but for some reason, every now and then I can see something like this: 1234.567999999999999999 or similar, and it goes back to ok format on the next tick calculation, and this behavior might repeat randomly.

Any clue what is going on here?, the code seems to work fine so far.

NormalizeDouble - Conversion Functions - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

Pedro Sanchez: r displaying a number in the chart window in a desired format other than NormalizeDouble function?

You used NormalizeDouble, It's use is usually wrong, as it is in your case.

1. Floating point has a infinite number of decimals, it's your not understanding floating point and that some numbers can't be represented exactly. (like 1/10.)
              Double-precision floating-point format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See also The == operand. - MQL4 programming forum (2013)

2. Print out your values to the precision you want with DoubleToString - Conversion Functions - MQL4 Reference.

3. SL/TP (stops) need to be normalized to tick size (not Point) — code fails on non-currencies.
              On 5Digit Broker Stops are only allowed to be placed on full pip values. How to find out in mql? - MQL4 programming forum (2011)

And abide by the limits Requirements and Limitations in Making Trades - Appendixes - MQL4 Tutorial and that requires understanding floating point equality Can price != price ? - MQL4 programming forum (2012)

4. Open price for pending orders need to be adjusted. On Currencies, Point == TickSize, so you will get the same answer, but it won't work on non-currencies. So do it right.
              Trailing Bar Entry EA - MQL4 programming forum (2013)
              Bid/Ask: (No Need) to use NormalizeDouble in OrderSend - MQL4 programming forum (2012)

5. Lot size must also be adjusted to a multiple of LotStep and check against min and max. If that is not a power of 1/10 then NormalizeDouble is wrong. Do it right.
              (MT4 2013)) (MT5 2022))

6. MathRound() and NormalizeDouble() are rounding in a different way. Make it explicit.
              MT4:NormalizeDouble - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
              How to Normalize - Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - MQL5 programming forum (2017)

7. Prices you get from the terminal are already correct (normalized).

8. PIP, Point, or Tick are all different in general.
              What is a TICK? - MQL4 programming forum (2014)

Reason: