Setting % rather than # of ticks

Does anyone know why brokers don't just put a % amount when your trying to set a stop loss or Taking profit position. especially in CFD trading. Is it that difficult?? does anyone know of a good Pip Calculator??

Mark Anthony Piff: Does anyone know why brokers don't just put a % amount when your trying to set a stop loss or Taking profit position. especially in CFD trading. Is it that difficult?? does anyone know of a good Pip Calculator??

There are a great many ways of setting stops, be it by price, points, pips, percentage, money value, levels, etc.

The platform (not the broker) only caters for price and points. For all other methods, one can create trading panels or assistants with the help of MQL programming of an Expert Advisor or Script.

There are already many such programs available in the CodeBase and the Market, if you wish to use a ready made one. If instead you wish to have one coded specific to your needs, then consider the Freelance section.

Mark Anthony Piff #:
Yes I’ve been looking for a decent one but can’t find a decent one I like. My question is really more of why don’t Meta4/5 have both options? It would be so easy!! No?? 

Mark Anthony Piff #: Yes I’ve been looking for a decent one but can’t find a decent one I like. My question is really more of why don’t Meta4/5 have both options? It would be so easy!! No?? 

Because, there are just too many different "flavours" that people want, just as you have claimed that you don't like any of the ones you have seen.

So they left it for everyone to just get their own "flavour" to be coded the way they want it.

Yah I’m sure it can be made easier giving two options. By tick or by %. From the brokers. At least there’s a choice!! % would be so much easier when it comes to cfd trading

Mark Anthony Piff # :
Yah I’m sure it can be made easier giving two options. By tick or by %. From the brokers. At least there’s a choice!! % would be so much easier when it comes to cfd trading

No, you're wrong! If you "stuff" all the "Wishlist" into the trading platform, the platform will become a huge clumsy hulk! That is why there is a powerful MQL5 language that allows you to program any of your "Wishlist".

Mark Anthony Piff #: Yah I’m sure it can be made easier giving two options. By tick or by %. From the brokers. At least there’s a choice!! % would be so much easier when it comes to cfd trading

Please remember, that each trader has their own preferences and not everyone is trading just CFDs. There are many types of symbols and markets.

Just as you are defending your preference, their will be others arguing their viewpoint which may be contrary to yours.

Please also note, that "tick" is not even an option currently. MetaTrader uses "point" when setting stops which can be different to "tick".

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Symbol Point Value

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.06.02 01:14

Here are two examples from AMP Global (Europe):

• Micro E-mini S&P 500 (Futures): point size = 0.01, tick size = 0.25, tick value = $1.25
  • EURO STOXX Banks (Stock Index): point size = 0.01, tick size = 0.05, tick value = €2.50

Reason: