ArrayCopySeries() Excluded Situations

Hello

I was reading the documents. In the description section of the ArrayCopySeries() function, I did not understand this part well. What is meant by "Excluded are arrays that are assigned as indexed ones in custom indicators"? When is the array copied? Do you mean arrays mapped to the buffer?

Thank you for the full explanation.

0xShowMeTheHEX: I was reading the documents. In the description section of the ArrayCopySeries() function, I did not understand this part well. What is meant by "Excluded are arrays that are assigned as indexed ones in custom indicators"? When is the array copied? Do you mean arrays mapped to the buffer?

There is no function ArrayCopySeries() in MQL5.

If however, you have posted in the wrong section and are referring to MQL4, then it means that when using this function inside a custom indicator, and targeting arrays used for buffers, then the function handles them differently by actually copying the data to those arrays instead of just redirecting the array pointer as it does for normal arrays.

1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
    Next time, post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. It says if you copy to an indicator buffer, the values are actually copied. If you copy to an array, nothing is copied; the array is mapped to the corresponding predefined array. There are no “excluded situations.”

3. You are overthinking it; you “copied” the values, just use them.
Reason: