Is it a shame not to know how to make money in the forex market after 8 years of experience? - page 5

When we say 'surgeon', we immediately imagine an impeccable dressing gown and some kind of complex heart transplant surgery. But in most cases, it's probably just mediocre appendicitis and hernias.

And what percentage of those who want to become a top-notch surgeon (trying to get into medicine) actually make it? I think far less than the proverbial 5%.
The rest drop out at the very beginning (do not get in, dropped out in the first year), retrain for something easier (if not enough), settle in near-surgical processes (assistants there, assistants, nurses) or become banal theorists in clinics.

I think it's even easier to get caught up in some kind of money flow around forex and the stock exchange. Well, and there is always a chance of becoming "that man in the shiny dressing gown (ugh, a limousine)". Better than a surgeon, yeah.

Georgiy Merts:

I've been in forex since 2012, and I haven't withdrawn a penny so far. But I haven't lost any money either. So I got nothing to be ashamed of.

That's not very nice. Not everybody has a chance to make money. But you have to withdraw at least one deposit)).

vladavd:

These are nothing at all: too abstract, too vague principles, something like "do well and it will be OK". They only make sense when one has more or less reliable criteria to define "trend", "pivot point" and so on. Don't forget that Livermore wrote this 100 years ago, when the market was much less technological, liquid, knowledge-intensive and competitive. Livermore himself wrote his quotes with chalk on the board by specially trained people. Chalk! On the chalkboard! To hope for success upon Livermore's advice now would be like going up against an opponent with a modern firearm.Who would spend a lot of years trying to get into trading if they could just quickly grasp a dozen simple theses and go out and make a buck? But they do, and obviously not out of the goodness of their lives.

Yeah - all the more so when you consider the uncle committed suicide

Georgiy Merts:

I've been in forex since 2012, and so far I haven't withdrawn a penny. But I haven't lost any money either. So I have nothing to be ashamed of.

I did, and a lot of it, swaps, commissions, 24-hour computer operation, depreciation.

Roman Shiredchenko:
Yeah - all the more so when you consider that the man committed suicide.

Well, before that he was setting cosmic records in terms of profits. And in what area exactly were the causes of the loss: overheated and zatiltoval (psychology or age), or just the market has become more complicated and his methods have gone into circulation and stopped working, and he could not invent new ones - unfortunately, we can only guess. I personally lean towards the second explanation, for example there is mention of new rules for trading of the SEC, after which Livermore went to pieces. Apparently his trading was more about some kind of market manipulation (insider, pumphouse and dump, corners, short-squeeze), than about trying to actually predict the price and follow it. When the shop for such tricks was closed (the market became more efficient) - there was a peak, a black period of failure :( But of course this is all speculation.

vladavd:

Well, before that he was setting cosmic records in terms of profits. And in what area exactly were the causes of the loss: overheated and zatiltoval (psychology or age), or just the market has become more complicated and his methods have gone into circulation and stopped working, and he could not invent new ones - unfortunately, we can only guess. I personally lean towards the second explanation, for example there is mention of new rules for trading of the SEC, after which Livermore went to pieces. Apparently his trading was more about some kind of market manipulation (insider, pumphouse and dump, corners, short-squeeze), than about trying to actually predict the price and follow it. When the shop for such tricks was closed (the market became more efficient) - there was a peak, a black period of failure :( But of course this is all speculation.

Yes. I read a book: "The memories of a stock speculator", he was catching some kind of arbitrage between exchanges... :-) like he could see the quotes on the tape and somewhere they weren't there yet... he managed to trade in profit on the speed of the tape, he also went bankrupt, he also borrowed game capital... like - that kind of trading approach ended and that's it... there by the way - he had several periods of failure in his book.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

That's not solid. Not everyone is able to make money. But you have to withdraw at least one deposit)).

Yes, but first, to trade at least under 1 $ 1,000 - and then pour in one day, averaging a position against the trend!

AT LEAST LIKE THIS!!!! But otherwise it sounds like negligence and masochism... :-)

Georgiy Merts:

I've been in forex since 2012, and I haven't withdrawn a penny so far. But I haven't lost any money either. So I have nothing to be ashamed of.

It's called you haven't woken up yet and you haven't really started catching fat! !!

you are in your infancy... :-)

Roman Shiredchenko:
Yes. I read a book: "Memories of a stock speculator", he was catching kind of arbitrage between exchanges there... :-) like he had already seen quotes on the tape, and like somewhere else they weren't there yet... he managed to trade in profit on the speed of the tape, he also went bankrupt, he also borrowed game capital... like - that kind of trading approach ended and that's it... there by the way - he had several periods of failure in his book.

First, it was only in the beginning when he was trading in kitchens. Then he moved to the exchanges and traded solely by milking the trends - that is, letting the profits flow. Secondly, it was not arbitrage in the kitchens, but simply that he was good at predicting exchange rates, and because you do not influence the market in the kitchens, you can make money on small fluctuations.

Vladimir Baskakov:
You've lost a lot. Swaps, commissions, 24-hour computer work, depreciation...

What does "drain" mean?

A "drain" is the disappearance of capital, after which a new one must be added. I've never had one of those - once the original amount was deposited in 2012, it's still "spinning".

You're out of your mind, Sprout, with your nagging.

Reason: