Random wandering - page 48

vladavd #:

The lines have not gone away because the sample is finite. If you increase the number of throws, the limits of the wander will expand, and the longer the final series will be. Here you have "bought" the SB chart at a value of 220, keep flipping the coin to infinity and the chart flies as far away as you like. It's not a "pattern", it doesn't allow you to predict any particular development of the process, it's just the dependence of the variance spread on the number of outcomes. A very useful property if you have an infinite deposit and eternal life to wait for profits.

OK, let's call it a "useful property" instead of a STABLE pattern, can't we make money on that ?

And why an infinite deposit in this case ?

vladavd #:

There is no need to "look around" and judge by sensation, just put the SB chart in a tester and try to forecast it - the obsession will quickly dissipate.

Of course it is possible to apply any indicators and formulas to the SB chart, but no reliable predictions will follow from such an analysis.

Trading is an art that implies a complex process of intellectual decision-making ... so far, machines are not capable of it ... Well, maybe in the future when they create an artificial intelligence ...

it's been a long time since i used a tester)

Sergey Gridnev #:
No, it's the same probabilities.

Ooh. The most convincing answer.

Prove it.

Have you ever tried flipping a coin? What are the odds?

I like to hear the answers from today's youth.)

Uladzimir Izerski #:

Prove it.

I like to hear the answers from today's youth.)

Draw your OROR..... sequence on a piece of paper, take a coin, and try to get the same result.

Uladzimir Izerski #:

Prove it.

I love hearing the answers from today's youth.)

He's referring exactly to the sequence, eagle-earl-earl-earl... not 50/50, it's like winning the lottery, Sergei's right.

Sergey Gridnev #:
Draw your OROR..... sequence on a piece of paper, take a coin, and try to get the same result.

I don't need it. There are financial charts I'm on a first-name basis with.

Sergey Gridnev #:
Draw your sequence OROP..... on a piece of paper, take a coin, and try to get the same result.

Different games sequence fallout and % fallout, in the former case it is solved through a factorial, there the probability is astronomically low.

Technical dervish #:

Trading is an art that involves a complex thought process of decision making... machines are not capable of it yet... well, maybe in the future when they create artificial intelligence...

it's been a long time since I've used a tester)

Well, no problem - run it in a visual test, apply your art to the SB.

apr73 #:

OK, let's call it a "useful property" instead of a STABLE pattern, can't we make money on it ?

And why an infinite deposit in this case ?

You can't make money on that. You have seen the range of values around 200 on the charts and decided that it is a reliable limit value, beyond which the graph will not go? No, the range is just because the sample size is specified as 20 000 outcomes, but it's not some magic value, it's just taken from the background. I can specify 100.000 or 1.000.000 and the chart will fly far beyond 200 and your position will fall into the drawdown. The infinite deposit is necessary for you because you cannot forecast the SB chart and all that is left is to wait for losses and wait until the chart randomly returns to the profitable area. It will of course do so one day, but since it is not limited to anything at all, you will need an infinite deposit to sit out a potentially infinite drawdown.

Andrei Khlebnikov #:

He means exactly the sequence, eagle-to-eagle-to-eagle-to-eagle... Not a 50/50 chance here Sergei is right, it's like winning the lottery.

The point is that the probability will be higher at ORORORORO than OOOOOOOOOOOO because the Law of Large Numbers will become pressing from the first throw.

The 50/50 probability is higher than 0 to 100. It wasn't my idea, it was nature's.

Uladzimir Izerski #:

I don't need it. There are financial charts I'm on a first-name basis with.

Is this somehow supported by the financial results?
Reason: