Laboratory - statistical analysis of price charts. - page 7

But, I can see that the European session is not shining with long trends )

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
It would be more obvious not to apply the formula. That is, build a histogram using the initial values. So that the bars represent the time.
Your formula uses the average time and calculates each column in relation to it.

I don't understand, translate.

I count the average interval for n intervals, then if the current one falls at 10:00, I write it into this cell, and then in this cell I divide the value by the number of observations for this hour, etc.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

not understood, translate.

The formula and approach is the same - consider the average of absolute time point differences in minutes between adjacent extrema (how many minutes the movement has lasted) and calculate the relative value to the current movement interval.

Zt = (Zt_current - Zt_average)/ Zt_average

This is your formula.

I propose to determine at least the average Zt for each hour

And ideally make a distribution for each hour. And then relative to the distribution we will see the current value for that hour.

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:

I propose to define for each hour at least an average Zt

Well it does, see the post above, or does it not?

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Well, it does, see the post above, doesn't it?

You have a deviation from the average in your picture. You cannot see the average itself (it is your zero line).

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
You have a deviation from the average in the picture. You cannot see the average itself (it is the zero line in your picture).

Not , it is the average of the deviations from the average. That is, the average Zt for a given hour.

To understand the process (you are moving in a sliding window):

Suppose the start of the zigzag segment at the current point in question is 10 hours, calculate the average from this point for n segments .

now Zt = (current interval of this segment - average interval)/average. got relative value.

This value is now written to the cell with 10 hours and added to the previous values in this cell. And so on, shift the graph and do the same for the other hours.

Then you divide the values for each individual hour in this array by the number of observations for that particular hour.

Greetings!

How do you use it on a trade?

You guys should be careful with the statistics, or you could end up with a positive result)

VVT:

The charts are similar in terms of ticks, volumes, OHLC -> activity)

I have noticed an interesting thing; the body of an average candle is a little over 51%, that is, we can assume, purely statistically of course), that the new candle will close in the range ofa little over 51% of the opening)

All candlesticks are infinitely diverse, but they all share only two facts related to statistics (which work equally well in any market whether it's eurusd, coffee beef or stocks for whatever reason). You'll find out how good you are) the main thing is that you're on the right track.
I say this because I don't want you with your absolutely correct judgement to be led into a swamp of extraneous unnecessary calculations.
PS: I do not want to tell about them because it is a big research work and ways of using these facts for trading it is my intellectual property. Excuse me.

Alexander Ivanov:

Greetings!

How do you use it on the trade?

We don't know yet.

Reason: