Retrieving information from SMBIOS - page 7

It's not much of an issue for me, but I've read the thread with interest nonetheless. Don't you think a license + identity server is better? Especially if you don't have millions of users. We can write anything we like in the license. What the user has trial, demo, a couple of purchased programs. If there is no license, do not work and refer to the server. If the licence is out of date, we address the server too. Well, it is so, from the first sight.

Andrei Novichkov:
Not much of an issue for me, but nevertheless read the thread with interest. Don't you think a license + identity server would be better? Especially if users are not millions. We can write anything we like in the license. What the user has trial, demo, a couple of purchased programs. If there is no license, do not work and turn to the server. If the licence is out of date, we address the server too. Well, it is so, from the first sight.

Licensing is automatic, the software is available on the Internet from all the thematic resources. The user's task is just to run it in the terminal, and if you like it, follow the link and buy it.

As I wrote earlier, it's necessary to cut off repeated sample takings, the UUID is a bit screwed up.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Found some information

The request was like this:"UUID03000200-0400-0500-0006-000700080009 ".

Well, you should have a hardcoded list of UUIDs that won't be affected by protection. But the percentage of such mums is small. Or add another binding to them specifically.

Alexei Tarabanov:

Next, I'm changing my motherboard...

Licenses should be traded, not crosswords.

I am not touching the subject of whether it is right to protect software. I've never been on the subject myself. I am only interested in technical matters here. Today I was trying to figure out how to control from BAT file of monitoring internet disappearance, restart interface, computer, control graphics card, restart the driver, control overheating and cooler shutdown, shutdown the computer. All in all, it works around the clock...

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Well, you should have a hardcoded list of UUIDs that will not be affected by protection. Still, the percentage of such mums is small.

I'm not touching the subject of whether it's right to protect software. I have never been on the subject myself. I am interested only in technical questions here. Today I was trying to figure out how to control from BAT file how to monitor internet disappearance, restart interface, computer, control graphics card, restart the driver, control overheating and cooler shutdown, shutdown the computer. All the same, it works around the clock...

Here, now out of 6 users(I am the 7th) one took the demo again after the activation period expired, the protection is now disabled for a reason, you could lock the machine but the other 5 will be affected, so a way out is needed.

This is just the beginning, only a small fraction of everyone has come.

Yes, I missed an important detail: if you have purchased a programme, then by hardware, all subsequent activations of the accounts you need are automatically tied to it.

Now it is also impossible to do this, someone will buy it, and it will bind all those who have the same ID-machine. The only option left is manual, but that's not a good option.

Reason: