There are programmers who have written 1000 EAs each and haven't found a single grail yet. There is not a single grail for 1000 EAs? - page 8

JRandomTrader:

Mine works some on M15, some on H4.

The interval of a few years is not in the tester, but a simulation of trading on a real chart for a few years. Have to do this as not all the information used is available in history.

Is simulation on 4 possible?

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Is simulation on 4 possible?

What do you mean?

igrok333:
Some programmers have written over 1000 Expert Advisors, tested them,
and they haven't received a single gracious EA yet.

They haven't gone into trading, and they continue working as freelancers.

Does it mean that there is not even 1 good, highly profitable EA for every 1000 EAs?

Actually, it's a strange question, it's obvious to any less intelligent person that there are only a couple of strategies out of that thousand - indicator, grid, and that's it.

All the orders tend to coincide by 40-50-60-70-80%.

JRandomTrader:

What do you mean?

On MT4 in the tester or otherwise, is it possible to create a price history of several instruments and access the history synchronously.

Maybe I misunderstand the word simulation. I understand it as reproducing conditions on historical data.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

On MT4 in the tester or otherwise, is it possible to create a price history of several instruments and access the history synchronously.

Maybe I misunderstand the word simulation. I understand it as reproducing conditions on historical data.

I don't have it on historical data, but on real data, in real time, for several years. Only we don't actually make deals, we write everything in a log and in a status file.

And I trade those variants (dozens of thousands) that have showed acceptable mean annual profitability, maximal drawdown and the ratio of the total profit to the maximal drawdown.

JRandomTrader:

I don't have it on historical data, but on real data, in real time, for several years. Only we don't make real deals, but we write everything in the log and in the status file.

I select those variants (dozens of thousands) that have demonstrated acceptable mean annual profitability, maximal drawdown and the ratio of the maximal profit to the maximal drawdown.

What do you mean - not using history, but real quotes?

Real and demo quotes can be historical or current...

Georgiy Merts:

What do you mean - "not on historical, but on real quotes"?

Real and demo quotes can be historical or current...

OK, current. Real time.

History does not contain all the information used.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

You can, but you need to check the synchronicity in the tester to be sure.

Maxim Romanov:
I don't know how complicated a profitable trading robot is, and how many things need to be taken into account. The problem is that they are not so complex, and their elaboration and theoretical model are insufficient for stable profitability.
So it's not about quantity.

it's about quantity.

you have to systematically weed out everything that's prone to leakage

when i said that on this forum, i got a flying tomato in return

but still

The first question you need to ask yourself is how to drain the system?

If a positive answer is found, even with a slim chance, then the strategy is on the record.

i must have written over 1000, but i really wish i had started with what i described in this post

i'm sure i would have found the right path sooner.

---

for example - entry/exit by indicator, of course the coolest and most accurate

opened a buy for example

how do you lose?

To bring the price down to zero or below zero.

i.e. it is possible to sink?

yes!!!

that's it, screw it.

etc.

Renat Akhtyamov:

for example - entry/exit by the indicator, of course the steepest and most accurate one

opened a buy for example

how do you lose?

To bring the price down to zero or below zero.

i.e., it is possible to sink?

yes!!!

That's it, let it go.

etc.

Do you have both BUY and SELL open on the same pair at the same time? The answer is 'Yes' or 'No'.

Reason: