How is the viability of a trade idea determined? - page 7

Serqey Nikitin:

It's just a confirmation of the fact that I know how to create break-even strategies...

And my "thing to be proud of" are these results:

Now with the same settings, and over the last year.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

He says it correctly. In real trading it is impossible to know when to sell and when to buy and when to close an order with a loss or with a gain.

If you know this, then show your results on the real market and do not criticise everyone.

Yes, you are right! This guy does not understand when to place a sell and when to place a buy...

And the interesting thing is that everyone listens to this crap and uses it...

Serqey Nikitin:

It's just a confirmation of the fact that I know how to create break-even strategies...

And my "thing to be proud of" are these results:

There is no such thing as a break-even strategy !

You are not related to Baron Munchausen by any chance :)

SanAlex:

Now with the same settings, and for the last year.

Yes, this is one of the popular questions... Except how do you check if the settings are identical?

An even more popular question is "Show me the test from 1970 to yesterday"... because I won't sleep and I'll lose my appetite...

Serqey Nikitin:

Yes, you're right! This stump just doesn't understand when to put SELL and when to BAY...

And the interesting thing is that everyone listens to this crap and uses it...

And he didn't say anything specific. For example, he didn't explain what to do if after opening an order, the price goes against you?

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

There is no such thing as a break-even strategy !

You're not related to Baron Munchausen by any chance :)

Are you by any chance the Lord God? You know all the answers to the questions of the universe...

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

And he did not say anything specific. He didn't explain, for example, what to do if after opening an order, the price goes against you?

That's what I'm saying... He took up general phrases about the market and is juggling with a cave painting...

HUGE!

Serqey Nikitin:

Yes, this is one of the popular questions... Except how do you check the identity of the settings?

An even more popular question is: "Show the test from 1970 to yesterday"... or else I won't sleep and I'll lose my appetite...

If you show the test for this year, in real ticks mode: "Every tick based on real ticks" and then get the same result on other pairs without changing input parameters, I will consider you a prodigy.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

If you show this year's test, in real ticks mode: "Every tick based on real ticks", and then without changing the input parameters get the same result on other pairs, I will consider you a prodigy.

Is that supposed to motivate me a lot...?

I'll drop everything... and I'll take a test just for you...!

Serqey Nikitin:

... But how do you check if the settings are identical?

Only on your honesty! But still, a short period will give a more accurate picture, and there will be more profit.

You have to let the Expert Advisor work for a day or two or a week and then start it again.

Reason: