StopLimit - page 3

Artyom Trishkin:

Let's do the math:

You have 100. Right?

When you place a stoplimit order, you set the level of the stop order setting equal to Ask+100. Right?

You have set the level for the limit order (stoplimit) equal to Ask+10. Right? Right?

Which is higher: the current price Ask + 100 or the current price Ask + 10? Of course, the current price + 100.

Thus, you have set the BuyStopLimit pending order at the Ask+100 price, while the level for setting the Limit order is Ask+10 which is 90 less (lower) than the level for setting the stoplimit order.

As soon as the price reaches the level set for the StopLimit order, it will trigger. So what happens? A limit order will be placed at the price specified in the stoplimit parameter. And in this parameter it is 90 less (lower) than the price of installation of the StopLimit-order.

And how do you suddenly have a limit order higher than a stop order?

Artyom, you are mixing up the stop order and limit order setting price, or the SB is confused,

just try the example in the tester, you don't need to count anything

Sergey Chalyshev:

Don't offer me anything ))

I gave a concrete working example, there are no mistakes and typos in it, you just need to try it in the tester on the exchange account

OK, I was wrong above about the trading class parameters - haven't looked there in a while.

But in this case you have set incorrect parameters - you have a stop order price lower than the limit order price. This is an impossible situation.

Artyom Trishkin:

OK, I was wrong above about trade class parameters - I haven't looked there for a long time.

But in this case you have set incorrect parameters - you have a stop order price lower than the limit order price. This is an impossible situation.

This is a normal situation on the stock exchange, which is why stop-limits were invented.

I know a lot of people here don't understand how you can set a BuyLimit higher than an Ask ))

Sergey Chalyshev:

this is a normal situation in the stock market, it is for such situations that stop-limits have been invented

I know a lot of people here don't understand how you can set a BuyLimit higher than an Ask ))
I'm not trying to get my head around it. I just couldn't do it, broker Open on shares

Yuriy Zaytsev:
Please explain how - I am not being facetious in any way. I just couldn't do it, broker Open on stocks

manually or through an advisor?

Market orders are not allowed on stocks there, but no problem with limit orders

Sergey Chalyshev:

Are you usingStopLimit in real trading?

It is clear thatStopLimit does not work adequately in the tester.

Does it make sense to use it in real trading? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

I use it to replace a stop. There is only one advantage, if you open with the whole deposit, an ordinary stop will not help, the position will not close due to insufficient funds, such a position can only be closed with a counter limit. It does not matter what market, either on the CME or the MICEX, the situation is the same

Sergey Chalyshev:

this is a normal situation in the stock market, it is for such situations that stop-limits have been invented

Yes, thanks for the discussion. Indeed, on the stock market there are aggressive limit orders that can be placed either inside the environment or at the worst price. On forex there are only passive ones.

Rafil Nurmukhametov:
I use it to replace the stop. The only one winning point is that if you open with the whole deposit, an ordinary stop will not help, the position will not close because of insufficient funds, such a position can be closed only with a counter limit. It does not matter what market, either on the CME or the MICEX, the situation is the same

Yes, thank you!

StopLimit already has one advantage!

How deep into the market do you set the limit? After all, even with a stop price == limit an order may freeze and not be executed immediately.

Artyom Trishkin:
Yes. Thanks for the discussion. Indeed, on the stock market there are aggressive limit orders that can be placed either inside the environment or at a worse price. On forex there are only passive ones.

Are you convinced that the tester does not work adequately?

Initially I didn't want to discuss the tester's performance, I thought everyone knew about it. Since it happened, maybe the developers will notice and correct the tester.

And another thing, since the discussion turned with a stock market bias, maybe it is better to move the topic to the stock section? It gets lost here quickly.

Sergey Chalyshev:

Are you convinced that the tester is not working adequately?

Initially I didn't want to discuss the tester's performance, I thought everyone knew about it. Since it happened, maybe the developers will notice and correct the tester.

And another thing, since the discussion turned with a stock market bias, maybe it is better to move the topic to the stock section? It gets lost here quickly.

I did not run anything in tester. I'm on my mobile. I'm in the process of debugging trading methods. As soon as it comes to such tests, I'll look into it comprehensively.