The absurdity of a stop loss - page 8

DhP:

It's more about deciding NOT to play (read : not entering the market)

No, entered already and paid to play. But now the stakes have been raised to a level where you shouldn't play and a decision is made to lock in the loss - to discard the cards and not claim the pot.

When we buy, our main buyer is the market, we put a stop, i.e. we tell the market that we are ready to sell at this price, at a lower price than the one we bought from, and we buy from the market, and it answers us, OK, I sold to you at a higher price and now I buy at a lower price so that I can sell back at a higher price. This is the absurdity of the position with a stop, we show the market in advance that we are ready to sell to it at a loss, and it is happy.

Where is the stop usually placed? Right at the nearest extremum, and the market sees that and does what it does - it tests that level, wiping out the stops that are there because it benefits from it. It is our agreement to close the position at a loss that pulls the market to our stops.

Avals:

No, got in already and paid to play. But now raised the stakes to a level where you should not play and decided to fix the loss - reset the cards and do not claim the pot.

A lot of truth in your words.

But what you haven't considered is that once you have deposited your hard-earned money into the VC account, you have "bet" (or paid to play). Now it's "play or whist" only.

You want to be rich, don't Play or whist...)))

sanyooooook:
When we buy, our main buyer is the market, we put a stop, i.e. we tell the market that I am ready to sell at this price at a lower price than what I bought, and we buy from someone at the market, and he answers us, OK, I sold to you at a higher price and now I buy at a lower one so that I can sell again at a higher price. This is the nonsense of a position with a stop, we show the market in advance that we are ready to sell to it at a loss, and it is happy to do so.

If you trade with a leverage, the price will not return sooner or later, and the deposit will be drained without any stops. Unless of course there are other ways out - dynamically recalculated

You can tell they're not vegetarians. They put on diodes, rectifiers with flowers and radishes and dill and try to eat it all. Perverts )))

Avals:

If you trade with leverage, the price will not return sooner or later and the deposit will be drained without any stops. Unless, of course, there are other ways out.

how soon (in how many pips not in my direction) will sell the deposit of 1000 (leverage 1:100), if I opened a position 0.1 lot?

ZZZ: and if I open a position with 0.01 lot then we increase the chances by 10 times.

sanyooooook:
Where is the stop usually placed? Right at the nearest extremum, and the market sees that and does what it does - it tests that level, wiping out the stops that are there because it benefits from it. It is our agreement to close the position at a loss that pulls the market to our stops.

Take Profit should be set at extremums :)

Avals:

you need to take profit at extremes :)

Try it, 70% of the time the market is in a channel (sideways)

sanyooooook:

How soon (in how many points not in my direction) will the depo of 1000 (leverage 1:100) be wiped out if I opened a position with 0.1 lot?

Six months, like last year, from December to June...
Reason: