Bashneft's prefs look like they should be taken - page 5

prostotrader:

No, the Grail means EVERYTHING at once :), except that no one can find it :)

I agree )) Everything is now in alignment. Thank you for the idea and clarification!

prostotrader:

I wrote in another thread about everything in detail...

"There are three ways of accounting for dividends.

1. When the dividend is declared.

2. Historical dividend payout values.

3. Approximate dividends are calculated from current spot and futures prices.

If dividends are declared early (60-70 days before expiration), everything is simple (see pictures above: SBRF-6.19, SBPR-6.19, MOEX-6.19).

As a rule, but not always, the estimated dividends in this case are lower than the declared ones, hence the interest is higher than the Central Bank rate,

sometimes as high as 40-42%. However, it should not be forgotten that the fewer days before expiry, the higher the interest.

N-r at the end of last year for Aeroflot for 1 day before expiration was 151% per annum.

Added

I don't use % dividends as this percentage depends on the price of the BA (Underlying asset - in this case shares),

And I use only the fixed value (rub./share), ie how many rubles will give on 1 share.

Added

The current (estimated) dividends are counted very simply

Read something sensible about shares. You are ABSOLUTELY out of touch.

By the way, April-May is the standard time for shareholder meetings.

Therefore, it is not worth buying prefs.

SeriousRacoon:
No, prefs is human lingo. Preferreds are human lingo. Preferred shares are bullshit clerical jargon.
Evgeny Belyaev:

Prefs are preference shares.

Vladimir Karputov:
Already looks like human language 😛.

You don't speak stock trading slang. And you don't know a lot of other things. Please don't swing your hat just because you don't understand something. You're the moderator.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Read something sensible about stocks. You are TOTALLY out of touch.

Before you write anything, use your head. Check it out in practice. More often than not, textbooks are written for the "hucksters of the field of miracles".

I'm sorry if I offended you, I wanted to appeal to your mind

Алексей Тарабанов:

Read something sensible about stocks. You are ABSOLUTELY out of touch.

No need for general advice.

Specifically, please, what do you recommend to read?

And also answer the question:

"What's the difference between a contango and a backwardation?"

rjurip1:

Before you write anything, use your head. Check it out in practice. More often than not, textbooks are written for the "hucksters of the field of miracles".

Sorry if I offended, wanted to appeal to your mind

There is no need to refer to anything.

It's just that many of the FOREXniks think it is their "duty" to go into the over-the-top topic for them and "put their foot down."

And the moderators here, unfortunately, don't trade on the exchange.

prostotrader:

There's no need to address anything.

It's just that many of the FOREXniks feel it is their "duty" to go into an over-the-top topic and "put their foot down."

And the moderators here, unfortunately, do not trade on the exchange.

I'm guessing most here don't trade on the exchanges at all. They just... talk the talk ))) They teach others how to make sense out of textbooks ))

rjurip1:

I guess most people here don't trade on exchanges at all. They just... talk the talk ))) They teach other people their wits from textbooks ))

Good if it's textbook :)

prostotrader:

Good if it's textbook :)

That's even worse )) Would have their own ideas.... ))

Reason: