What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 63

Vitaliy Maznev:

Gentlemen, unplug the robots for a while and plug your brains back in. Apart from algorithms and arrays, there is also common sense. Your comparison is very logical, but it does not fit the semantic context and direction of the idea.

Are you aware that for more than a decade in chess the world champion has been a machine. A man can no longer compete with it.

I trust my robot more than I trust myself. Because it's completely disciplined compared to me, it doesn't need sleep, it reacts instantly, it works 24 hours a day, it has no greed or fear, and it fully obeys its boss (me) and executes his orders unconditionally.

ZZY my robot is my brain.

Nikolai Semko:

Are you aware that for over a decade in chess, the world champion has been a machine. Humans can no longer compete with it.

I trust my robot more than I trust myself. Because it is completely disciplined unlike me, it doesn't need sleep, it has instant reactions, it works 24 hours a day, it has no greed or fear, and it obeys its boss (me) completely and carries out his orders unconditionally.

The Truth

Nikolai Semko:

I think you knew and used 20% in the old office and less than 1% in the new one.
That is the root of your resentment and feeling cheated: it seems that nothing has changed - you can still type the same letters, but your resource requirements have increased dramatically. What an outrage!
This is the logic of most MQL4 adherents. The reason for this conservatism is banal - lack of knowledge.

In a way I understand you. I myself feel some nostalgia for the Z80 processor and ZX Spectrum computers.

It was very simple: one addressable memory - first 16 Kbytes of ROM (operating system), then 8Kbytes of video memory, and the rest (48kbytes or more) of RAM.

How many times have I rewritten and flashing the ROM, developed various drivers for the printer, for additional buttons.

But I'm very well aware that this architecture was very limited, and development demanded new features. Maybe it wasn't the most optimal way, but it's the hard-won result of many thousands of super-heads.

No, it is the availability of knowledge that makes you think. A person without knowledge will obediently use windah, when told to change the hardware and think that pgruess is going somewhere very correctly, well, all these smart guys from Microsoft can not be wrong, and to understand some linux is difficult and not desirable. So I will relax and will do what they say - MS Office does not work - change the hardware. What can I do - they will surely shut down the support of the old one. He won't find out that things are different, that typing doesn't require a wasteful desktop, that hardware is not top-of-the-line, that people aren't treated as dumb hobbyists and forced to change processors every quarter for the sake of someone's commercial ambitions and that you can easily fail back to the required version of the software.

I don't get it at all - how an adequate person can buy software today. He is clearly a very closed-minded person.

Nikolai Semko:

Are you aware that for over a decade in chess, the world champion has been a machine. Humans can no longer compete with it.

I trust my robot more than I trust myself. Because it's completely disciplined compared to me, it doesn't need sleep, it reacts instantly, it works 24 hours a day, it has no greed or fear and is completely loyal to its boss (me) and follows his orders unconditionally.

I don't tend to exaggerate the pros and cons of anything. And the issue is not the rejection of progress, but the essence of progress itself. Agree that progress is when tasks are simplified, not the other way around. Progress is about concentrating multiple functions into a single pulse. And among other things you are trying to convince that progress is when a simple function that could fit in one line goes through thousands of superheads, thereby creating huge amounts of unnecessary load on local and external servers.

There are different ways of doing this. And in some cases, filtering even elementary functions requires mandatory compliance with more global modules. But in most cases, as you yourself have written, the user only needs 1% of specific areas of information. In that case, no one is calling for the remaining 99% to be banned or discarded. But it is possible not to cram them in the continuous background into the RAM, right? I am not a programmer and the analogy is approximate. Do you understand what I mean?

When a person writes that the new version of the text editor requires 15 times more resources than the old one, it is about unwarranted excesses that do not simplify, but complicate the whole point. Isn't this idiocy? Or do you think it's morass when someone points out the critical fallacies of supposed progress?

It's very good that machines have come this far. Only it's not an option to turn off your brain. It can still come in handy. When the dynamic processes of the world around us change their cycles, someone will have to help the robots reconfigure the operating system. Otherwise, some are already stuck in digital images that may not match the phenomena and processes around them. Super heads with disconnected brains perceiving the world around them through digital image filters is a disaster.

pavlick_:

No, it's the knowledge that makes you think. A person without knowledge will obediently use Windows, change the hardware and think that pgruess is going somewhere very right, well all these smart guys from Microsoft can not be wrong, and to understand some linux is difficult and do not want to. So I will relax and will do what they say - MS Office does not work - change the hardware. What can I do - they will surely shut down the support of the old one. I'll never learn that there is another way, that typing doesn't require a wasteful desktop, that hardware is not top-of-the-line, that people aren't treated as a dull hamster and forced to change the processor every quarter for the sake of somebody's commercial ambitions and that it is easy to roll back to the required version of the software.

I don't understand at all - how an adequate person today can buy software. He is clearly very closed-minded.

The world is changing and so are the methods of natural selection.

In the past, the strongest survive, but now the one who can preserve and develop his mind and intellect, as well as resist the whole mass of new temptations and addictions.

Degradation through modern technology can be very easy, but it is also possible to get an even greater evolutionary push. Therein lies the new natural selection.

pavlick_:

I don't understand at all - how an adequate person today can buy software. He is clearly very closed-minded.

If someone didn't buy software, what money would companies use to develop it?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

If someone didn't buy the software, how much money would companies use to develop it?

Why buy when you can steal? - A purely soviet theme.

Artyom Trishkin:

And tell me - what keeps people still sitting on XP? ...

XP - it was fabulously user friendly. Now the taskbar is still annoying with its discomfort, the "minimize all" button is not in the right place and does not work properly.

XP in the world of Windows is like MT4 in the world of Metatrader - perfect.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

XP - it was fabulously user-friendly. Now the taskbar is still a pain in the ass, the "minimize all" button is not where it should be and it's not working properly.

XP in the world of Windows is like MT4 in the world of Metatrader - perfect.

I remember when everybody hated XP and didn't want to leave 98.

Nikolai Semko:

And I remember the days when everyone used to shout down XP and didn't want to leave 98.

There's a different factor here. It's a completely new topic, people were figuring it out, learning. They haven't figured it out yet, haven't learned, and then one day they have to change everything.

The taskbar starting with Windows 8 is miserable and inconvenient and the "minimize everything" button is crooked.

Reason: