What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 3

Igor Makanu:

the language is 99% the same

platforms are different

.... i don't want to point the finger, but some MT5 experts write code in MT4 style, constantly changing the direction of time series indexing, connect libraries from@fxsaber to write code like for MT4, use hedge accounts.... and still smartly write that MT4 totally sucks.... "What follows is an untranslatable play on words using local idiomatic expressions" (C)

You see, what matters to me is the MT5 tester itself with its capabilities, MT4 doesn't have that and never will. Everything else is secondary.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Completely safe, everyone who does coding won't find anything better and will switch to MT5, while those who trade with their hands without any tools won't notice the difference.

I see. Thank you. So you think that radical measures are safe and necessary.

Why?

Igor Makanu:

platforms are different

.... i don't want to point the finger, but some MT5 experts write code in MT4 style, constantly changing the direction of time series indexing, connect libraries from@fxsaber to write code like under MT4, use hedge accounts.... and still smartly write that MT4 totally sucks.... "What follows is an untranslatable play on words using local idiomatic expressions" (C)

Are you suggesting promoting libraries that support bilingual compatibility, like MT4Orders fromfxsaber?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You see, I care about the MT5 tester itself with its capabilities, MT4 does not and never will. Everything else is secondary.

Emphasize the advantages of MT5 tester by demonstrating multicurrency, speed, cloud optimization?

Some people complain about the graphical part of the tester. They are not satisfied with it at all. The complexity of manual testing, visualization problems...

A plus in one place and a minus in another? Should we fix the minuses of the tester?

Igor Makanu:

platforms are different

.... i don't want to point the finger, but some MT5 experts write code in MT4 style, constantly changing the direction of time series indexing, connect libraries from@fxsaber to write code like for MT4, use hedge accounts.... and still smartly write that MT4 totally sucks.... "What follows is an untranslatable play on words using local idiomatic expressions" (C)

)))))))))))

Реter Konow:

Simplify the language to the level of mql4?

Take a tester from MT5 and transfer it to MT4 ))))))

My Expert Advisor uses 90 currency pairs. It is multicurrency. It cannot be tested on MT4. However, they say that MT5 allows testing an owl that uses several currency pairs quotes simultaneously. I would like to see how it behaves since year 2000. But, there is no version for MT5

Реter Konow:

Emphasise the advantages of the MT5 tester by showing multicurrency, speed, cloud optimisation?

Some people complain about the graphical part of the tester. They are not satisfied with it at all. The complexity of manual testing, visualization problems...

A plus in one place and a minus in another? Maybe fix the minuses of the tester?

With graphics support in mt5 MQ they promised to fix the flaw, and many other little things on visualization. This is most likely what is slowing down the transition of some platform users

It's harder to make money on MT5

Compare signals in terms of profitability

I don't know why.

And in general, in connection with this, forcibly reduce the rating of super profitable 4RoS signals, leading to a standard of no more than 30% per month

it's a mess, but the trend is...

personally i think it's too much.

//I'm sorry, but I've got a lot on my plate.

Ivan Butko:

Take the tester from MT5 and transfer it to MT4 ))))))

I have an EA that uses 90 currency pairs. It is multicurrency. It cannot be tested on MT4, they say that MT5 allows testing an owl that uses quotes for several currency pairs at a time. I would like to see how it behaves since year 2000. But there is no version for MT5.

Can we make it possible to test multicurrency EAs MT4 in MT5 tester? (it doesn't matter what the technical difficulties are, the main thing is that the marketing ploy will work).

Although, the effect could be the opposite. One of the incentives to switch would disappear.

Reason: