Services. Are they up and running yet? - page 8

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

how can you make feeds that are not focused on your own platform when most feeds are available through it

just open up the possibility of accessing other accounts from the services and they become perfectly adequate

There was an article here about crypto in a very similar vein. The article was deleted, the author left.

fxsaber:

There was an article here about crypto in a very similar vein. The article was deleted, the author left.

well, it was fine there without the services.

TheXpert:
well, it was fine there without the services.

That's why Services is 90% formulaic synthetics. A custom independent feed - nothing more.

fxsaber:

it's easy to do without services, i just don't understand what prevents them...probably the fact that they brand the platform for themselves and not the other accounts.

the author seems to have left on his own.

The service is an independent program that adds functionality to the Terminal.

If you don't take the feed, here's a simple example.

When you open a new chart, it can be mosaicked with the rest of the charts and other methods.

Run the Service, which always maintains a certain algorithm for arranging the charts with each other.

It is clear that no script or Expert Advisor can provide this functionality.

Spent a few hours on these "Services", but never found any use for it, by the way "not at all", a useless thing, at least for all my tasks from the past to the present time. I may need it in the future, although I have my doubts, if I haven't needed it in 10 years, I don't think it will be needed in 10 years to come.

Or, for example, you want more information on the trading history to always be available in the Terminal.

Write a service that creates C# forms and broadcasts the data there with the additional view of the history you need.

So you run the Terminal and always see new windows, where the history is shown in a cool way. This is an extension of Terminal's own GUI. And other uses in this vein.

fxsaber:

The service is an independent program that adds functionality to the Terminal.

If you don't take the feed, here's a simple example.

When you open a new chart, you can mosaic it with the rest of the charts and other methods.

Run the Service, which always maintains a certain algorithm for arranging the charts with each other.

It is clear that no script or Expert Advisor will provide this functionality.

This is all nonsense, it makes no sense to create a service for this purpose )

fxsaber:

Or, for example, you want more information on the trading history to always be available in the Terminal.

Write a service that creates C# forms and broadcasts the data there with the additional view of the history you need.

So you run the terminal and always see new windows which show the history in a cool way.

+ (only without the shuffle).

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

It's all nonsense, there's no point in making services for such things.)

If you're wondering why the developers bothered, you've read the answer before.

I limited myself to just a few examples.

Reason: