The programmer gave me an order and then put it up for sale

Hi. The programmer made me an order and then put it up for sale (my idea of an EA and how it should work), (no my consent)

Is this allowed in MQL5?

Is it possible to prevent this now and in the future?

Theoretically, yes. If you can prove copyright on the idea/algorithm.

What does the service-desk say?

you must have sent them a petition stating the work you have done and the product that the contractor has put up for sale?

In theory, if there is a correlation, reprisals should follow.

By default, the exclusive rights belong to the client. It is not easy to prove that the offered product is the one that was ordered or a derivative thereof.

Although the CD is traditionally on the client's side, so there should not be much of a problem - it is now up to the programmer to prove that what is being sold has no relation to the previous order.

vlad78:

Hi. A programmer placed an order for me and then put it up for sale (my idea of an EA and how it should work), (no my consent)

Is this allowed in MQL5?

Is it possible to prevent this now and in the future ???

If you worked through freelancing, then theoretically it is possible, probably. If not, how can you prove that you are right? And most importantly - who needs your legitimacy, if this service has nothing to do with your order.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

What does the service-desk say?

you must have sent them a petition stating the work you have done and the product that the contractor has put up for sale?

In theory, if there is a correlation, reprisals should follow.

I have already registered my order with ServiceDesk and it is nowhere near this kind of problems. It is hard to prove that the product is the one that was ordered or a derivative thereof.

Although the CD is traditionally on the side of the client, so there should not be any special problems - it is now the programmer must prove that the sold product has no relation to the previous order.

The product is put up for sale in Market One-to-One as mine WITHOUT any changes, my correspondence with the programmer must be stored in MQL5 and it shows that I ordered this product and paid. I do not see anything in ServiceDesk except financial issues

Evgeniy Zhdan:

If you have worked through freelancing, in theory you could, I suppose. But if not, how will you prove your case? And most importantly - who needs your rightness, if you have nothing to do with this service with your order.

Particularly Spend a lot of Time on it I have no desire, and especially if the long to prove. because I am the author of it, and I know it and Progger knows it too, but still it is a shame that there are such programmers.

Another stolen idea for a hundred million ?

@vlad78, did you really come up with something arch-profitable?

What was the deal? Most likely, the copyright was not stipulated - so he took the opportunity to put the product on sale.

Contact Service Desk, what do they have to say about it?

Georgiy Merts:

What was the deal? Most likely, the copyright was not stipulated - so he took the opportunity to put the product on sale.

Contact Service Desk, what do they have to say about it?

Why so disrespectful to the customer?

There are certain Freelance ruleshttps://www.mql5.com/ru/job/rules.

1.12. If the conditions for the transfer of the exclusive rights to the program created on commission via Freelance service are not separately stipulated in the requirements specification, the exclusive rights to this program created on commission belong to the Customer. In this case, the Developer can use the created program for its own use under a royalty-free simple (non-exclusive) license for the duration of the exclusive right.

Georgiy Merts:

What was the deal? Most likely, the copyright was not stipulated - so the man took the opportunity to put the product on sale.

Contact Service Desk, what do they tell you about it ?

I have never tried to use this kind of service, it does not work irrespective of currency pairs, and the sellers are not destined to profit, their task is to break orders in which the trader is already lost (to bring everything to zero).

I do not feel sorry for the idea, I am ready to share it, and there are improvements (which the programmer does not know about), but when they are brazenly and without asking me.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Why be so disrespectful to customers?

There are stipulated rules of Freelancehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/job/rules

1.12. If the conditions for the transfer of the exclusive rights to the program created on commission via Freelance service are not separately stipulated in the requirements specification, then the exclusive rights to this program created on commission belong to the Customer. In this case, the contractor can use the created program for its own needs on the terms of a royalty-free simple (non-exclusive) license for the duration of the exclusive rights.

Well, then it makes direct sense to contact Service Desk. Let the arbitrator look into it.

@vlad78, apart from Service Desk in any case - you can't think of anything, if everything is as you say - and there really is a breach of clause 1.12 - and your claim will be satisfied.

Reason: