Trend indicators for EAs. - page 29

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Nah, it's OK. A trend is a direction, a trend. Down, up, sideways, in a circle.

The normal course of your thoughts is spoiled by a spoonful of tar.

Олег avtomat:

"There is only a trend in the market, there is no flat" - this is the realm of extreme minimalism ;)))

If it's to the benefit of the case, why not minimise market conditions in such a harsh way?

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

If it is to the benefit of the case, why not minimise market conditions in such a harsh way?

Extremes are never good for business.

And when you consider that the common term "flat" corresponds to your "trend with a zero slope", it's a simple substitution of concepts.

Олег avtomat:

Extremes are never good for business.

And when you consider that the common term "flat" corresponds to your "trend with a zero slope", that's just a substitution of notions.

I never said "trend with a zero slope", I am not interested in the price slope at all. There is a market condition: up-trend and down-trend, there is no intermediate one. True, trends can be of different intensity, in particular zero, i.e. flat, but I don't pay attention to it and don't define it as a separate market condition. Indeed, the flat is a menace for trend TSs and vice versa, flat TSs are losing when they are trending. This is a disadvantage of the TS itself, the market phases have nothing to do with it. I assure you, there are universal TPs that do not react to flatts.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

I never said "trend with zero slope", I am not interested in price slope at all. There is a market condition: an up trend and a down trend; there is no in-between. True, trends can be of different intensity, in particular zero, i.e. flat, but I don't pay attention to it and don't define it as a separate market state. Indeed, the flat is a menace for trend TSs and vice versa, flat TSs are losing when they are trending. This is a disadvantage of the TS itself, the market phases have nothing to do with it. I assure you, there are universal TS that do not react to the flatt.

A "trend with zero intensity" is no better than a "trend with zero slope" - a flat is a flat.

flat: variants of translation
adjective
flat
flat, plane, tabular, vapid, platitudinous, tabulate
flat
smooth, flat, level, even, straight, steady
flat
flat, champaign
straight
direct, right, straight, outright, straightforward, flat
noun
flat
flat
flat
apartment, flat, room, quarter, condominium, door
plane
plane, flat, flatness, sheet, platitude, platan
plain
plain, flat, flatland, champaign, level, field
adverb
flat
flat, flatwise, flatways
flat
flat, flatly
flatly
smooth, exactly, flat, level, even, smoothly
straight
direct, right, straight, straight, live, flat
Other options (48)

Google Переводчик
  • translate.google.com
Бесплатный сервис Google позволяет мгновенно переводить слова, фразы и веб-страницы с английского на более чем 100 языков и обратно.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

... there is only a trend in the market, there is no flat. A flat is:

1. An inactive section of the main trend;

2. The section of the main trend fighting the opposite trend;

3. Plot where a new trend is born as a result of fighting with the current trend;

4. The active trend has distinctive features not common to other market states.

I support this method in understanding the market!

The visualisation of this method is a properly configured Zig-Zag on large charts... There are no flat areas, only a trend from one ZZ reversal to another....

And it is a very effective method of trend detection. Yes, of course, there are some subtle points to be solved in the trend-tracking strategy itself... But the trend detection method itself is absolutely correct.

Aleksey Ivanov:
By the way, what do you use to filter when some very sudden movements occur?

I don't know what the situation was on the chart or what the news was at the time. So I can't give you any specific advice.

Vitalii Ananev:

I don't know what the situation was on the chart or what the news was at the time. So (1) I can't advise on anything specific.

(1) Makes sense.

(2) Here is another classification of market conditions for "scholastics". A normal flat, an up flat and a down flat. Maybe the development of these ideas will fill our pockets (which, by the way, is quite possible).

(3) An all-important indicator that reacts quickly to sharp spikes would be suggested by someone.

Aleksey Ivanov:

(2) Here is another classification of market states for the "scholastics". A normal flat, an up flat and a down flat. Maybe the development of these ideas will fill our pockets (which, by the way, is quite possible).

Wrong opinion! It is a big mistake to trade in a flat, if any, because the risks involved will be much higher than in a trend trade...

Greed is a vice!!!

Serqey Nikitin:

(1) Wrong opinion! It's a big mistake to trade in a flat, if you can find one, because the risks will be much higher than when trading in a trend...

(2) Greed is a vice!

(1) My bot works better on flat channels than on trends.

(2) Are you writing about yourself?

Reason: