A flat indicator. - page 3

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Low in relation to what?

For volume, I think it would be difficult to write a criterion... in any case, the volume filter is not the primary task yet.

Low in relation to the average volume of the selected period. For example a month. This indicator can be recalculated at every bar, but it won't change quickly. It is hardly possible to determine the flat without the volume filter. Imho.

Реter Konow:
Low in relation to the average volume for the selected period. For example a month. This indicator can be recalculated on every bar, but it will not change quickly. You can hardly define flat without volume filter. Imho.
OK, I will take it into account.

Victor Ziborov:
A good indicator of a flat (that's how the word is spelt correctly) is a D1 candle. If the subsequent candle is both higher (or lower) than the previous D1 candle, then it is an up trend. The moment this pattern is broken, it is a flat.
Do you read what you wrote?

khorosh:
Do you read what you have written?

I have worded it all carefully and reread it several times. It is very clearly worded. And if you don't understand, then you don't need to.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
The prototype:

Maybe we should trawl through the consolidation zones? The first red square is the beginning of a flat.

Реter Konow:

It can be said from personal experience that the algorithm for determination of the flat is not an easy one. The mechanism is quite complex and cannot be mastered by beginners. If we keep it simple, we get nonsense that does not work properly. But you should try it))

I haven't heard about flat-out indicators.

You have to do what is easy and simple. If you cannot do it easily, you should not do it at all.

There are a lot of flat indicators, but they show the flat itself, but not the transition from trend to flat or vice versa.

Реter Konow:
Low in relation to the average volume for the selected period. For example per month. This index can be recalculated at every bar, but it will not change quickly. It is hardly possible to determine the flat without the volume filter. Imho.

What if the ratio is not to the average, but to the period? You get the average of the minute TF irrespective of the period of the graph.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

Maybe we should trawl through the consolidation zones? The first red square is the start of a flat.

As I understand it, Consolidation Zone (GC) and flat are the same thing (I do not recall any clear formulation of either GC or flat above). Regardless - I find the idea of a trawl (or more precisely, the distance between consolidations) interesting. But it is a step towards some "globalization", i.e. comparison of neighboring fllets, determination of the general picture. I have set myself the task of finding a single flat and analyzing it.

Victor Ziborov:
A good indicator of a flat (that is the correct spelling of the word) is a D1 candlestick. If the subsequent candlestick is both higher (or lower) than the previous D1 candlestick, it is trending upwards. The moment this pattern is broken, it is a flat.

This is a purely formal approach. For TF H1 and below, it is practically not applicable, especially for automatic trading.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
In my mind, Consolidation Zone (GC) and a flat are the same thing (I don't recall any clear wording of either GC or flat above). Regardless - I find the idea of a trawl (or more accurately, the distance between consolidations) interesting. But it is a step towards some "globalization", i.e. comparison of neighboring fllets, determination of the general picture. I have set myself the task of finding a single flat and analyzing it.

A ZOC is a stop, a respite in the current trade (possibly a no-bounce), and a flat is a flop - these are different things.

Reason: