Selecting a computer configuration (expert optimisation a priority) - page 11

Fast451:

RAM disk, download Radeon RAM for testing, there is a limit on the size to be created, if everything fits, you can buy the normal version

If all goes well, you can buy the normal version. The principle is to run the program, create a disk, put in a drive MT portable with the right accessories, better yet download the entire story and save the image file, next time you need to open the CD image, add the necessary Experts, etc., immediately link to a folder for convenience, and Start button in MT.

Thank you. I'll do it today.

About the cooler, we'll see.

Wow... That's the speed...

Well, the Portable version decided I had 12 cores and loaded everything "to the brim". Indeed, Metatrader warms up the CPU almost like LinX.

I put terminal on RAM-disk, it loaded history, launched it - beauty.

Now I want to check speed of the terminal with hypertrading disabled on six cores and enabled on six-seven...twelve.

Need to "fix" the TC League now, will be doing that by the end of the week, and then - estimate if those virtual cores are worth much.

Georgiy Merts:

Wo... That's the roast... :))))

Temperature went as high as 81-83, registered maximum 87 !

Processor fin temperature - got warmer, but still can be held by hand without problems.

A lot, and although according to monitoring data - frequencies don't change, but it seems that trotling is starting to turn on (values in "Gflops" column to the fifth pass - decreased by 10%).

Apparently, simultaneous work in eksplorer - eats up a noticeable part of resources, I was simultaneously reading what some values on the internet mean, and the processing power, as I see it - was dropping too. Only the last three passes - I haven't touched the computer at all, and the processing power (and temperature) has stabilised.

Program log:

Intel(R) LINPACK 64-bit data - LinX 0.6.5

Looks good in person, but I need more passes to make it work for an hour at least. MT4/MT5 will really work at the same temperature, but you just can't see performance drop there. If you consider that in summer the ambient temperature will increase, and the cores will heat the ambient air 24 hours a day, then I would still buy a normal cooler, because it will reduce the temperature drop, and hence the compression/expansion wear and tear will be less. Although, burnt out processors are really not very common.

Georgiy Merts:

Wow... That's the speed...

Well, the Portable version decided I had 12 cores and loaded everything "to the brim". Indeed, Metatrader warms up the CPU almost like LinX.

I put terminal on RAM-disk, it loaded history, launched it - beauty.

It remains to check the speed with hypertrading disabled on six cores, and with enabled - on six-seven...twelve.

Need to "fix" the TC League now, will be doing that by the end of the week and then I'll assess if those virtual cores are worth much.

Yes, your speed should have increased by a factor of 7 when all the processors are loaded, which would really feel steep.

However, what's the point of memory frames if the league doesn't work with read/write files other than history? Yeah and you can't cram a lot of terminals in there for optimisation....

And that, don't wait weeks - check hypertrading straight away - it's not clear why there's anything to add there... although on a standard car expert... don't be bored :)

Serhii Omelchuk:
Just saw your topic, I see the topicstarter bought expensive i7. I will tell you from my own experience (I don't play games either, I deal with robots for MT and their optimization) - I bought a second-hand Xeon E5-2680 v2 (10 cores, 20 threads) for 170$ from Aliexpress and used mother from work stationHP Z420(cost about $130) and 32GB registry memory (4 x 8GB, cost about $90, 4 more modules can be delivered, registry memory is worth pennies because), some Chinese cooler for $20, and Samsung SSD 850 EVO. I´ve got such an aeroplane that I didn´t expect it, it´s unreal to load it with anything, usual office and home work loads it up to 5%, but I´m mining Cryptonight v7 at the same time, it works off and optimize robots I need without problems, also it enough to build CPU power for MT5 Strategy tester (money flowing too). In this case I load the CPU up to 90-95% with such tasks. At the same time the whole system in load pulls 175 W, which to me is very acceptable as for a server system, I recommend such configurations to everybody, if you don't believe me - you can google it yourself.

Here folks it's good, but tests are lacking in our software environment!

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

don't be stingy :)

Unless you just take the standard mash one and test it on 12 cores with HT and 6 cores without...

Well, now, I will take into account your regcodes to the TC League, and test it.

Georgiy Merts:

Unless you just take the standard mash one and test it on 12 cores with HT and 6 cores without...

Well, now, I will take into account your regcodes to the TC League, and test it.

Waiting. Only put not genetics, but usual equal number of passes - for 15 minutes at least to make it work.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Waiting. Only put not genetics, but the usual equal number of passes - for at least 15 minutes to make it work.

Yes, for comparison, of course, you have to do a full test. Now... I hope to run it today.

Tried it, I'm curious about it myself.

It's a bit of a bummer. Seems like the system is seriously underloaded with hypertrading turned off.

I have used "simple grind", standard Moving Average from MT5 delivery. I have used /portable.

I have put everything on RAM-disk. The test - OHLC on M1.

Full overshoot, testing range, 18.05.17 - 18.05.18,

Period - 3...100

Shift - 0...10

1078 passes.

The only difference is in enabling hypertrading in BIOS. I did not change anything else.

Without hypertrading - 6 cores are recognized and the test takes 2 minutes and 25 seconds. Temperature down to 65.

With hypertrading - 12 cores are recognized and the test takes 1 minute and 40 seconds. Temperature up to 75.

Surprised by the big difference in temperature.

Georgiy Merts:

Tried it, I'm curious myself.

That's some bullshit. Looks like the system is seriously underloaded with hypertrading turned off.

Took a "simple grind", standard Moving Average from MT5 delivery. Using /portable

I have put everything on RAM-disk. The test - OHLC on M1.

Full overshoot, testing range, 18.05.17 - 18.05.18,

Period - 3...100

Shift - 0...10

1078 passes.

The only difference is in enabling hypertrading in BIOS. I did not change anything else.

Without hypertrading - 6 cores are recognized and test takes 2 min 25 sec. Temperature down to 65.

With hypertrading - 12 cores are recognized and the test takes 1 minute and 40 seconds. Temperature to 75.

Surprised by the big difference in temperature.

Amazing. Are all cores loaded at this point?

Reason: