Is there a universal system? - page 2

Pyxis:

Hi all!

This question arises: are there any universal trading systems that can show a good positive trend on a long history?

Well, it is clear that:

1) A good, strong, almost undeflected trend kills any rebounding, counter-trend system.

2) A flat in any of its manifestations, nullifies a trending system.

3) Scalping may lead to loss of the deposit, even in the absence of news. A good short-term excursion of the price and losses (if not losses) are guaranteed.

What are the options that would take into account the disadvantages of each of the above systems, and is it possible in principle?

P.S. If there are, if you know, share.

There are universal TS, but, their profitability does not exceed 3-5% per annum, and when refinancing profits - 10-15% per annum. There are periods when they are capable of yielding 10-15% per month. The main thing is that with such low yields, they are not in danger of losing their deposit. I do not believe in the existence of super profitable universal TS.

Not aggressive scalping... but it's not for everyone )

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

There are universal TCs, but their returns do not exceed 3-5% per annum, and when refinancing profits, 10-15% per annum. There are periods when they are able to bring in 10-15% per month. The main thing is that with such low yields, they are not in danger of losing their deposit. I do not believe in the existence of super profitable universal TS.

I do not believe in super profitable universal TS.

And there is no mystery how it works. There is one in kodobase. Take advantage of it.

at 10k depo, a calm TS yields 50% per annum...

GhostMan:
At 10k depo, a calm TS yields 50% per annum...

People here in the Forum talk about Warren Buffett, who had a 42-year average annual return of 22.39%. And this is presented as a role model.

igrok333:

I.e. if you put a pending order, there will be no slippage?

is it better to put an expiry instead of a takeprofit?
Takeprofit is basically the same as a pending order.

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/trading/ordersend

my understanding is that expiry can only be set on pending orders.
That is, we set the expiry date and if the pending order has not been activated by then, it is deleted?

When closing on the TP, the direction of the slippage will be in the plus side (in our favor) if the price crosses the TP level and goes further. Or negative (loss to us) if the price crosses the TP level and moves in the opposite direction. It is interesting to observe this on a demo during a fast movement. We press the button to close the order, for example, when the profit +10 points. The server reviews price movement for three seconds. If the price moves in our favour, for example reaches +15 p, then it closes the order with +10 p profit. If the price goes down, for example, to 5 p, then it closes with the minimum possible profit for us +5 p. The other day I had slippage of 128 pips. A 0.1 lot gave $12.8 - there was even a screenshot somewhere.

By the way, here is a script that calculates time in minutes until the end of the day. Try it, will it work?

#property strict
void start()
{
   int HEnd=21;
   int TimeEnd = (int)(StrToTime(TimeToStr(TimeLocal(), TIME_DATE)+" "+(string)HEnd)-TimeLocal())/60;
   Alert(TimeEnd);
}

Victor Ziborov:

People here in the Forum talk about Warren Buffett, who had a 42-year average annual return of 22.39%. And it's presented as a role model.

For Warren Buffett a couple of billion more, a couple of billion less is nothing.

Victor Ziborov:

People here in the Forum talk about Warren Buffett, who had a 42-year average annual return of 22.39%. And this is presented as a role model.

it's stable. and the stability has been confirmed for 42 years.

and accounts from signals are often drained in 1 day.

If there was an account here that has been making profit for 42 years, everyone would sign up for it as well.

Konstantin Nikitin:

All, the main thing that the deposit has withstood the maximum drawdown, and at some point it will come out in the black ;)

Yeah... just whether that "+" will be needed in six months/years... being in a drawdown. The bank can provide such a return on deposits)))

STARIJ:

When closing on the TP, the direction of the slippage will be in the plus side (in our favor) if the price crosses the TP level and goes further. Or negative (loss to us) if the price crosses the TP level and moves in the opposite direction. It is interesting to observe this on a demo during a fast movement. We press the button to close the order, for example, when the profit +10 points. The server reviews price movement for three seconds. If the price moves in our favour, for example reaches +15 p, then it closes the order with +10 p profit. If the price goes down, for example, to 5 p, then it closes with the minimum possible profit for us +5 p. The other day I had slippage of 128 pips. A 0.1 lot gave $12.8 - there was even a screenshot somewhere.

By the way, here is a script that calculates time in minutes until the end of the day. Try it, will it work?

Usually expiry time is when the contract is closed.

But I read in the OrderSend reference that expiry can only be set for pending transactions.

so in forex it has a different meaning?

If you set an expiry date for a pending trade, then the pending will be cancelled?
Reason: