The psychology of the successful trader. - page 18

sax50 Яксун Сергей:
I believe that the psychology of success lies in the firmness of movement towards a set goal, and in this regard, I have set myself the goal of learning to understand the processes involved. That's why I think it's even more than business, closer to religion, philosophy of life, and if you look at trading as a hobby, you can play with something else.

No one denies the importance of purposefulness in any business and of taking it seriously as a psychological force that ensures the achievement of the goal. It is about those aspectsof trader's psychological state during trading that contribute to his success (but, of course, are not sufficient for its achievement, which requires knowledge, experience, etc.).So, if you attach too much importance to the result of your trade (get hung up on the results and get worried a lot when the price goes "wrong"), it is a bad psychological orientation, which will lead you to losses.If you don't take it as seriously as you do the game, then - it contributes to your success, which is what I meant (perhaps I should have expressed my point more precisely earlier - in the quote you cite - but I thought it should be clear in the context of this thread).

Oh, and by the way, about the philosophy of life - in it (life) you also need to treat a lot of things as a game, which, like in trading, removes the paradox of super-value and ensures success.

Aleksey Ivanov:

We are talking about something else here - those aspectsof a trader's psychological state during trading that contribute to his success (but are certainly not sufficient to achieve it, which requires knowledge, experience, etc.).So, if you attach too much importance to the result of your trade (get hung up on the results and get worried a lot when the price goes "wrong"), it is a bad psychological orientation, which will lead you to losses.If you do not take it seriously, as well as the game, then - it contributes to your success, which is what I meant (perhaps I should have expressed my thought more precisely earlier - in the quote you cite - but I thought it should be clear in the context of this thread).

This is nonsense. Trading - if it's not a hobby, it's just making money. A pro cannot afford to treat it like a game. And you have to take it quite seriously - it is a serious job. It is just like any other.

If a person has something wrong with his nerves and psyche, he should not go to that kind of work. Many, in this regard left the heads of departments to become a researcher.

You don't need any special psychology for trading. Everything is the same everywhere.

Why a successful trader?

Let's take a man who pisses away his last penny at a slot machine in a crossroads, shall we?

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Bullshit. Trading - if it's not a hobby, it's just making money. A pro cannot afford to treat it like a game. And you have to take it quite seriously - it is a serious job. It is just like any other.

If a person has something wrong with his nerves and psyche, he should not go to work like that.

You don't need any special psychology for trading. Everything is the same everywhere.

For some reason you cannot understand what we are talking about. It is clear to everyone except you. Read the beginning of this thread, I defined its purpose there.

Mickey Moose:

Why a successful trader?

Let's take the person who pours his last penny into a slot machine in a crossroads, shall we?

These are the aspects of the problem (which are also relevant to trading) that we are talking about.

Aleksey Ivanov:
For some reason you can't understand what you're talking about.
Do you have any idea?

Yuriy Asaulenko:
do you understand?

Why are you getting so worked up...

Олег avtomat:

Why are you getting so worked up...

With a psychology as stubborn as Yuriy Asaulenko' s psychology (and explosive psyche + blatant tactlessness) should not go near the trading terminal.

Aleksey Ivanov:
Yes, with a stubborn psychology like Yuriy Asaulenko' s His psychology (and explosive psyche + blatant tactlessness) does not allow us to get too close to trading terminals.

The terminal is just fine. I have no such thing as psychology.

You, on the other hand, are clearly over-excited. Why is that? It's obvious psychology bothers you and you want to talk about it.

Once again. No technology, no psychology. No technology - psychology remains and all sorts of worries such as - market went the wrong way, brokerage house is after my stops, etc.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

The terminal is just fine. I have no such thing as psychology.

You, on the other hand, are clearly over-excited. Why is that? It's obvious psychology bothers you and you want to talk about it.

Once again. No technology, no psychology. No technology - there is psychology and all sorts of worries such as - the market has gone the wrong way, DC is hunting for my stops, etc.

Reliable way to get rid of psychological worries - is to send checked on the history ATS to UPU, providing it with a deposit equal to the maximum drawdown, encountered on the history.
Reason: