The psychology of the successful trader. - page 4

Sergey Vradiy:

It is possible that he did not always stick to the strategy. Even if he did stick to it, there may be very weak points in the strategy itself. Generally, in 2006 when I first found out about forex I was training on demo. In the first month I doubled my deposit, but there were huge drawdowns, and I almost lost money several times. During the second month I have increased my deposit about 100 times per night: I was opening with maximal deposit load, when market was in turbulence after news. Up and down by 50-70 pips several times. And each time I opened with larger lots as the deposit grew. All deals are instantly executed on the demo, unlike on the real market. That is why I managed to make the whole move. After this case I naively decided that there would not be slippages and requotes on the real account. I opened an account with a Baltic, which no longer exists. As a result, every deal was opened and closed with such difficulties that I simply could not trade without pending orders. But I did not have enough knowledge to set them correctly. As a result, I struggled to make 30% in a month, took the money out with a scandal (they wouldn't let me withdraw it for a week) and gave up for a few years: I was psychologically broken.

Izvinite vstavlu pyat kopeek

No vse ochen osto, v forex - ochen tonklaya gran - mejdu giroi I bisnesom.gde nachinaetsya game zakanchivaetsya bisness, perestupit etu gran proshe parenoi repi, uveren bolee 70% uchastnikov perestupauta, a business eto statistika, viverenaya strategiya , displina i t.d I tp.

spasibo, vsem luck

Psychology is pseudoscience, and all those who promote a psychological approach to trading are crooks and sick people. The only thing that matters in trading is experience and intelligent action, just like everywhere else, psychology has nothing to do with it.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Psychology is pseudoscience, and all those who promote a psychological approach to trading are crooks and sick people. As for trading, all that matters is experience and conscious action, like everywhere else, psychology has nothing to do with it.

I advocate a psychological approach.

thank you

Goodbye.

Mickey Moose:

thank you

Goodbye.

ciao

Mickey Moose:

thank you

goodbye.

ahahahahahahaha))))

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

ciao

hehehehehehehehe))))

you guys are on fire.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Psychology is a pseudoscience and all those who promote the psychological approach to trading are swindlers and sick people. Trading is all about experience and smart actions, like everywhere else, psychology has nothing to do with it.

I don't agree with you, but I won't explain my disagreement in 20 pages - I'll just do one post.

Trading is all about money, not cakes, and people come to the market to make money, not to lose.

When opening a position the most experienced trader has to face a psychological barrier. When the price moves according to plan, you will always want to take a profit "right now" and you must have fingers of steel to keep it up.

If price moves in the wrong direction, not everyone can take a small loss and come back later, they usually wait too long, sometimes to a margin call.

This is not the psychology of being able to part with money easily, and being able to get it back easily.

If you overcome the fear of loss, you will always be in profit, no matter what experience you have in trading. If you have experience, the profit will be bigger, if you have no experience, the profit will be smaller, but it will still be a profit.

The important thing is to exit the market correctly, not to enter it.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I don't agree with you, but I won't explain my disagreement in 20 pages - I'll just do one post.

Trading is all about money, not cakes, and people come to the market to make money, not to lose.

When opening a position the most experienced trader has to face a psychological barrier. When the price moves according to plan, you will always want to take a profit "right now" and you must have fingers of steel to keep it up.

If price moves in the wrong direction, not everyone can take a small loss and come back later, they usually wait too long, sometimes to a margin call.

This is not the psychology of being able to part with money easily, and being able to get it back easily.

If you overcome the fear of loss, you will always be in profit, no matter what experience you have in trading. If you have experience, the profit will be bigger, if you have no experience, the profit will be smaller, but it will still be a profit.

The important thing is to exit the market correctly, not to enter it.

There is an old wisdom: fear breeds doubt.

fear breeds doubt, doubt breeds ignorance/lack of experience

then you go back to the notion of experience and do what you need to know

At this point we could close the psychological aspect of trading and not make a big deal out of it :)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I don't agree with you, but I'm not going to explain my disagreement in 20 pages - I'll just do one post.

If price goes in the wrong direction, not everyone can accept a small loss and come back later, they usually wait too long, sometimes to a margin call.

It is important to exit the market correctly, not to enter it.

When a moose is small, it is pity to raise your hand on it. He has just been born and has not seen the world yet.

When it's big, it's also a pity, because the price will turn around and you can close it at zero.

and then the dinosaurs start to look dwarfed by him.

and then it grows, and then it dies on its own, from the size.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Psychology is a pseudoscience, and all those who promote a psychological approach to trading are cheaters and sick people. The only important thing in trading is experience and intelligent actions, like everywhere else, psychology has nothing to do with it.

With all respect to your, undoubtedly highest, intelligence, I cannot agree with your first thesis ("Psychology is a pseudoscience"). Of course, psychology is very far from exact sciences by the level of strictness and unambiguity of its conclusions, but there is science as a set of characteristic methods, on the basis of which many researches have been carried out.

Further, we are not talking here about some purely "psychological approach to trading". Simply, every person has a set of psychological qualities, which are characteristic of him (you will not deny that). And these qualities, sometimes, influence trading very strongly. Some qualities, let's call them strong, help, and other qualities hinder. And this is the set of these strong qualities we are trying to figure out in this thread.

And the fact that "The only important thing in trading is (here, however, the problem is narrowed down by you) experience and intelligent actions, as everywhere else" - so no one is denying it.

Reason: