From theory to practice - page 423

Yury Kirillov:
The Grail is not charts - it is profitable trades. The charts are an artistic creation.

I agree, Yuri.

But, for some reason, it seems to me that when there are only really profitable trades, I won't be on the forum. Alas, it's human nature.

In the meantime, I am happy to share my findings with the traders' community.

Look at charts 2 and 3 - isn't it the Grail?

Here on graphs 1 and 2 I can give my comments, because graph 1 with the calculation of dispersion - my merit, despite the objections of Asaulenko, permission to comment on the graph 2 received from Koldun, but the graph 3 - the parameter is taken from this branch and not I proposed it. If someone realises this and writes about it, I will immediately start commenting on it as well.

Alexander_K2:

By the way, watching another apparently losing EURUSD trade in real time, I officially declare:

Without the "trend/float" parameter there is nothing to do in the market

And since I do not have enough intelligence to find it, I have to resort to the last chance - to use the neuronet for searching for it.

I will be away from the forum for a while.

Good luck!

Oiled up, you'll get more confused with the NS than you will be useful. It's much simpler than that.

Just look at the tick data carefully and you'll understand how to separate out the flat/trend.

They don't even use degrees in the formula, +-*/ everything is at the level of arithmetic.

Renat Akhtyamov:

For a quick answer, it goes like this:

https://www.oanda.com/lang/ru/forex-trading/analysis/open-position-ratios

You mean something likeOpen interest andlong-short ratio?

1) They don't seem to count well for all forex - because it doesn't have a single centre (in your example they only count for oanda clients).

2) In my view, their use implicitly assumes that the supply-demand principle works for forex as for ordinary commodities. This is hardly true.

Open Interest
Open Interest
  • Investopedia Staff
  • www.investopedia.com
Open interest is the total number of open or outstanding options and/or futures contracts that exist at a given time. Open interest is commonly associated with the futures and options markets, where the number of existing contracts changes from day to day. This differs from the stock market, where the outstanding shares of a company's stock...

Nikolay Demko:

Oiled up, you'll be more confused with NS than helpful. It's much simpler than that.

Just look at the tick data carefully and you will understand how to separate the flat/trend.

There's not even a degree used in the formula, +-*/ everything is at the level of arithmetic.

No, I didn't have time, thank God, to run to the neuronet.

I just looked at the graphs 2 and 3 and almost fell off my chair. I think parameter 3 is responsible for trend/float

Alexander_K2:
Here on the graph 1 and 2 I can give my comments, as the graph 1 with the dispersion calculation - my merit, despite the objections of Asaulenko, permission to comment on the graph 2 received from Koldun, and here is graph 3 - the parameter is taken from this branch and I did not offer it. If someone realises this and writes about it, I will immediately start commenting on it as well.

1. Graph = price

2. Graph = increments

3 .Graph = Rate of increment

Evgeniy Chumakov:

1. Graph = price

2. The graph = increments

3 .Graph = Rate of increment

2 - sum of increments in time window

3 - almost true

Alexander_K2:

3 - almost true

The incremental velocity of the increments