From theory to practice - page 559

Alexander_K:

No, of course not.

Any diploma or dissertation is written on the basis of known data. Only a grain of something new is added...

Only a genius can create a theory that runs counter to everything. Are there geniuses here? Let them come to the forefront and we'll applaud.

Geniuses appear on this forum with enviable regularity.

The last one appeared just a week ago, invented a miracle indicator, on the basis of which he raised his account from $2K in real money to $20K, and vowed to sell the product of his genius for $5K.

I don't see him now, though... but that's okay, I think in a month or so he or someone else will show up.

Alexander_K:

No, of course not.

Any diploma or dissertation is written on the basis of known data. Only a grain of something new is added...

Only a genius can create a theory that runs counter to everything. Are there geniuses here? Let them come to the forefront and we'll applaud.

Geniuses are afraid to go on stage, they silently chop cabbage as long as they can.

Georgiy Merts:

Geniuses appear on the forum with enviable regularity.

The last one showed up just a week ago, invented a miracle indicator, based on which he raised his account from $2K real to $20K, and set out to sell the product of his genius for $5K.

I don't see him now, though... but that's okay, I think he or someone else will show up in a month or so.

Maybe he was joking.

Alexander_K:

I have to be sure that the method of making a profit is not a person's dream, but is the result of the currently known physics formulas.

You see, the point is that your current method is exactly what you dreamed up.
More precisely, it is based on formulas that have nothing to do with price movement at all.
Hence all the quibbles and all the hints.

Alexander_K:

Only a genius can come up with a theory that runs counter to everything. Are there geniuses here? Let them come to the forefront, and we will applaud.

There is no need to go against everything. It is enough to see what the dissertation makers do not see, due to their rampant limitation.

secret:
You see, the thing is that your current method is just a dream.
More precisely, it is based on formulas that have nothing to do with price movement at all.
Hence all the hints and hints.

Not only that, but like Susanin it leads some traders astray from the right path. This thread is fun). At least the criticism is not offended.

secret:
You see, the point is that your current method is exactly what you dreamed up.
Hence all the tweaks and all the hints.

:))) I consider this argument incomplete, as long as I have +0% profit on my balance sheet (maybe a little more). It's not evening yet.

And my method I'm not dreaming, and neatly seized from Shelepin, Vladimir'a, Koldun, Asaulenko. It's like a dissertation based on known data + exponential time scale from me.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Not only that, but like Susanin, he leads some traders astray from the right path. The thread here is hilarious).

Well, of course it is. We learned a lot of new and interesting things).

secret:
And how do you know that the momentum has already ended?

Post facto, statistics in general are post facto. That's what statistics are for.

Nikolay Demko:

Post facto, statistics in general are post facto. That's why it's a statistic.

Why can't we see in advance, based on statistics?

Reason: