A study on the applicability of martingale using simulations of the coin game - page 5

Don't you feel sorry for your time? ) in the market you need to look for predictable inefficiencies rather than coin tosses, then martingale will be justified

the second option - to have unlimited funds and minimum profit

the third option - martingale on martingale. divide your deposit into n parts, after each loss put the same marting system with an increased risk

Otherwise, you take a random and randomly drive, and the results will be random.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Don't you feel sorry for your time? ) in the market you need to look for predictable inefficiencies rather than coin games, then the martingale will be justified

the second option - to have unlimited funds and minimum profit

the third option - martingale on martingale. divide your deposit into n parts, after each loss put the same marting system with an increased risk

Otherwise you take a random one and use a random one and the results will be random.

No, I think it is a useful experiment.

1) Why do you need a martingale if you already have predictable efficiencies?

2) the second option has been found out to be impractical

3) I doubt it will give you an advantage

4) the results are not random, but accurate experimentally verified, i.e. it is direct evidence.

Stanislav Aksenov:

No, I think it's a useful experiment.

1) Why do you need martingale if you already have predictable efficiencies?

For example, if there is a pattern that on average after the 5th signal out of 5 we get a profit by increasing the lot on a martin. And if we don't increase it, there will be no profit

And the max deviation should not exceed 10 losing signals in a row, for example... so there is no point in trying to guess, just look in the Strategy Tester, it will be faster)

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

For example, if there is a pattern that on average after the 5th signal out of 5 we get a profit, increasing the lot on a martin. And if we don't increase it, we won't have a profit

and max deviation no more than 10 losing signals in a row, for example... so there's no point in trying to guess, just look in the tester, it'll be faster)

I don't know, I don't know, it's a dubious pattern, common sense says you can't count on it.

Also on a pattern of this kind - on Mondays, from the 5th to the 14th, in the summer months, the trend is the same as yesterday with 86% probability.

Stanislav Aksenov:

I don't know, I don't know, it's a dubious pattern, common sense says you can't count on it.

Also on a pattern of this kind - on Mondays, from the 5th to the 14th, in the summer months, the trend is the same as yesterday with a probability of 86%.

But how else could it be? You can't earn on a simple martingale, while here you can at least earn in periods... I had a system on a martin, backtesting for a year, worked for 1.5 months +1500% with reinvestment :) through lucky circumstances, I managed to withdraw almost all the profits before it stopped working. On average such systems live up to 6 months, from the experience of watching such. And even if I lowered the multiplier, the system would still fail... because the pattern disappeared and did not repeat itself

Stanislav Aksenov:

What else can you think of? Reducing? Some kind of tricky conditions like "At a drawdown in x increase once until the drawdown is over".

I redid the program and tested it; it does not work either, there is no advantage, the wait is still zero.

Finally, I will try Donald-Natanson, and I think I will stop here (I have already tried almost everything) and make conclusions.

Donald Nathanson - same thing, no advantage, zero expectation, only slightly more dispersion. I don't want to attach the results (and they are not interesting here).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Donald - Nathanson

Stanislav Aksenov, 2017.11.13 07:49

Couldn't you just explain the essence of the whole system in one sentence - if the last trade is losing, then the next lot is increasing by a certain value, if the last trade is profitable - the next lot is decreasing by a certain value.

Conclusion - martingale does not give any advantage in any form. It can be used to prolong the pleasure for a longer period of time, but you will not make money with it. You can also draw a nice graph with the balance line going upwards and that is probably the end of all its useful features.

Stanislav Aksenov:

Donald Nathanson - same thing, no advantage, zero expectation, only slightly more dispersion. The results are too lazy to attach (and nobody here is interested in them).

Conclusion - martingale gives no advantage in any way. It can be used to prolong the pleasure for a longer period of time, but it does not allow earning money. You can also draw a nice graph with the balance line going upwards but that is probably the end of all its useful features.

Martin.

When it becomes unsinkable, maybe I will open a signal. Don't forget to subscribe.

You only had 4,603 trades and I had 2 billion ))) and no tweaking in the tester. So I can see whether the martin is working or not.

Stanislav Aksenov:

You only had 4,603 trades and I had 2 billion ))) and no tweaking in the tester. So I can see better if the martin is working or not.

No argument - you know better.

Reason: