Bitcoin miner - page 139

prostotrader:

Essentially the videoprocessor and card memory are the computer for calculating hashes, the more RAM on the card, the faster the calculations.

The speed of the hash calculation depends on the frequency of the processor and the amount of memory.

if the operations are dimensionless at most why, there is a limit to the minimum volume, maybe not on all the koins

when i mined a couple years ago on a "promising" CPU ONLY, there was no load on ram

Fast235:

if the operations are dimensionless at most why, there is a limit on the minimum volume, maybe not on all the coins

when i mined a couple years ago on a "promising" CPU ONLY, there was no load on ram

The miner itself is a program that works with the vidio card, and the program organizes the calculations,

maybe your miner, could not use the memory (all memory).

prostotrader:

The miner itself is a program that works with the vidio card, and the program organises the calculations,

it is possible that your miner, could not use the memory (all memory).

there was CPU mining, declared as NO to video cards and NO to bulldozers

it's true a botnet came along and started mining heavily on infected computers and if you don't have a huge fleet of machines, then there is no point and the coins died those

Fast235:

there was CPU mining, stated as NO to video cards and NO to bulldozers

But a botnet showed up and started mining heavily on infected computers and unless there was a huge fleet of machines, there was no point and the coins died these

I see, but no CPU can run completely without memory...

In any case the Miner (program) organizes the mining process.

Added

Sitting in thought (whether it's worth it), the bit is already $38560, apparently I overslept again....

prostotrader:

I see, but no CPU can run completely without memory...

In any case, the Miner (the program) organizes the mining process.

It's not about the software, it's about the code that's being mined, but that's not a necessary issue at all

prostotrader:

I am sitting in thoughts (is it worth it), the bit is already 38560$, apparently I overslept again....

i fear to think how rich will become those who hold them in good numbers, it may turn out like in the fairy tale where a character bathed in gold, i do not remember the name...

He is on the rise again, they will take him down again, the same way or even lower later,

By the way, here's a yield comparison of the 3090 and 3080

These cards only differ in memory size

The difference in yield is ~22%

prostotrader:

By the way, here's a yield comparison of the 3090 and 3080

These cards only differ in memory size

there micro-kernels (compute blocks or whatever they are called) must be a different number

Shader ALU 2 944 3 072 4 352 4 608 8 704 10 496
Texture mapping units (TMU) 184 192 272 288 272 328
Rasterisation operation blocks (ROP) 64 64 88 96 96 112
Tensor cores 368 384 544 576 272 328
RT cores 46 48 68 72 68 82

the last 2 columns are 3080 and 3090

Fast235:

if the operations are dimensionless at most why, there is a limit on the minimum volume, maybe not on all the coins

i meant about memory videogames 3080 with 10gb and 3090 with 24gb. about the memory and the CPU was not a question) the ratio of CPU to memory in videogames is different, the maths is more flat, only for simple calculations are sharpened.

prostotrader:

I am sitting in doubts (is it worth it), the bit is already 38560$, apparently I slept through it again....

So it will break 50k if there are no shocks. Although, I think they will not give. After 45k they will start to put sticks in the wheels.

Added.

22% return on investment and the cost is about half that, if you get it right. Payback is longer, and a question of failure risks.

Fast235:

there must be a different number of micro-kernels

Different indeed.

Reason: