Interesting and humorous (politics and history banned) - page 145

Sergey Golubev #:

They are really famous.

We used to listen to Chicago all the time in the then closed city of Kaliningrad (many years ago), there was even a fan club that used to meet in the square next to the Kaliningrad Technical Institute (now the Technical University), which was literally 20 metres from the Fleet Headquarters.
It's just the location (and I lived there next to the Drama Theatre).

And Earth, Wind And Fire - this group was a passion of "mathematicians", that is - who studied well at school and at the institute/university.
And especially Jean-Luc Ponty, Miles Davis and Dizzy Gillespie were fond of it (they were those who took state exams in English so to speak - for "fun", which was not forbidden, but very strange ... a military town ...). I took the civic exam in Russian (although I could have taken it in Lithuanian). My friend took the exam in English... He had a military dad, and that helped him out so to speak.

Then the Poles had Solidarity, and we listened to Polish television, installing "wave channel" antennas to catch them ...
then they had tanks on Leninsky Avenue (and I lived there)... then they had shock therapy and came to Kaliningrad ...
...not even a second hand store, but some ... and bought up everything ...
Then there was shock therapy in Lithuania, and on every doorway in Kaliningrad there were advertisements like "a team of Lithuanian builders will do repairs cheaply"
... then we had shock therapy ... and we went to Poland ... and even now you just go - you can forget that you are abroad ... (which resonates very much with "TV" for example) ...
Now we have Ukrainians in Kaliningrad - builders (even with paraphernalia so to speak ...).

----------------

Politics is forbidden here.

But I can definitely say that everything started with Chicago and Earth, Wind And Fire.

Here, as Zhvanetsky said - maybe something in the conservatory needs to be corrected.

On the Bulls, that's what they used to say

Vladimir Baskakov #:
That's what they used to say on the Bulls.

How do you know?

Yes, there were two bulls and students painted their "eggs" for Easter ... the police used to peel the paint off ...
and there was a small pool (by the bulls) where we used to launch ships (made, like modelling).

And once a week we all students from the technical institute would go to "freelance lectures" at the university on Kant ("the thing in itself") - I lived 300 metres from his grave ... and then went to the Literary Theatre (this was also a public event; the space was provided free of charge by the University).

In the Literary Theatre there was always one encore (there was Chekhov and so on, but always for an "encore" - this scene:
a man in half-militia clothes comes out, he has a big rope and on it - a red folder.
He threw this folder into the hall ... No one ever caught him - there were no fools (the folder was red).
He always left with nothing.
He was always called for an encore...
Well... we're students... Kant is our "leader". We're allowed... :)

Vladimir Karputov #:

About kindness

They humiliated the taxi driver.

He is kind. He's working hard to pay off some debts. They're just throwing their money around, pleasing their egos.

PapaYozh #:

They humiliated the taxi driver.

He is a kind man. He works hard to pay off some debts. They're just pissing money away, pleasing their egos.

They're squandering Dad's restaurant business

Fashion in 2022.
In the New Year, it will become fashionable to keep large fish as pets, especially to walk them outside.

Volodymyr Zubov #:
Fashion in 2022.
In the New Year it will become fashionable to keep big fish as pets, especially to walk them outside.

It's quite possible) They say that next year's animal is a blue water tiger.)

This is what a programmer's workplace in the office should look like, according to Microsoft

no backrest, elbows in the air

Vladimir Karputov #:

This is what a programmer's workplace should look like, according to Microsoft

Microsoft needs to fire such experts. After 10 minutes of clicking on Win11 - more than half of the designers there should be replaced.

Iurii Tokman #:
no backrest

So there's no keyboard either )) Apparently a full touchscreen, although something resembling a mouse is in there.

Reason: