Help me find a laptop - page 17

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

He's got a more powerful processor on his old laptop and it's slowing him down, he says... because he is using 10, for which he does not have any drivers.

The processor is already very old AMD and the fact that it (the laptop) still works speaks of its not bad quality. In any case you can not compare processors of previous generations and conclude that the current generation is bad - not objective.

I'm comparing with Intel peers. I, by the way, also have the 10 pro. and works quite well and better than the native Vista. With graphics - that's right, there are no normal drivers for the card, but I almost never play games.

By the way, when I bought that AMD, they already said then, that all problems of AMD (including with heat) are already solved and Intel is already nervously smoking in the corridor.

Anyway, I've had enough experiments)).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I'm comparing with Intel peers. By the way, I also have the 10 pro. and it works quite well and better than native Vista. With graphics - yes, there are no normal drivers for the card, but I almost do not play games.

By the way, when I bought that AMD, they already said then, that all problems of AMD (including with heat) are already solved and Intel is already nervously smoking in the corridor.

Well, now Intel slows down while AMD is working, so draw a correct conclusion :)

In 2008 AMD obviously wasn't actively fighting for mobile market (not many processors were made comparing to Intel models) but with appearance of A10 processors AMD became relevant for games too, that's why you should compare what you have now.

I own 7 Intel laptops and all of them are differently heated - I get up to 100 if I'm working hard, and up to 45-60 if I use them for trading (EA), all of them are very well maintained but used. Therefore it is necessary to speak about a temperature mode, what is "strongly heated". One was heating up to 110 at idle time until I cleaned it and changed thermal paste, and deleted all the glitchy drivers.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Well, now CPU is lagging behind while AMD is working - draw the right conclusion :)

In 2008 AMD evidently wasn't actively fighting for mobile market (not many processors were made comparing with Intel models) and with appearance of A10 processors AMD became more relevant for games too, that's why you have to compare what you have now.

I own 7 Intel laptops and all of them are differently heated - I get up to 100 if I'm working hard, and up to 45-60 if I use them for trading (EA), all of them are very well maintained but used. Therefore it is necessary to speak about a temperature mode, what is "strongly heated". I've got one heated up to 110 at idle before I've cleaned it and changed thermal paste, as well as removed some buggy drivers.

Right now (only the browser open): Processor - 60C, 55C. Mother - 56C. No forced cooling.

If you run the arithmetic, it will be over 60C with forced cooling. 62-63C - glitches, CPU frequency reset and other joys start.

Paste is normal, I've looked at it.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Right now (only browser open): CPU - 60C, 55C. Mother - 56C. Without forced cooling.

If arithmetic is run, it will be more than 60C with forced cooling. 62-63C - glitches, CPU frequency reset and other joys start.

Paste is normal.

And how much load is the cpu on when opening a browser (which browser and site - I'll tell by intall situation)?

I used to doubt that thermal paste would be effective and used KPT-8 :) But it turned out that you can really bring down 5-10 degrees by changing the thermal paste (this on a desktop computer) to a more expensive one.

khorosh:

But the address is there, Muscovites can check.

Showroom 119619, Moscow, Proizvodnaya St., 6 / p. 13, 1st floor

As promised

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Help me choose a notebook

Alexey Viktorov, 2017.11.26 16:40

TV show "You won't believe it". I live opposite this address. No more no less, across the street.

There was a scientific and production association called Vzlyot at the above address. Now the whole area has been handed over for housing development, but the NGO still exists and the area remains closed. The entrance is still through the gatehouse. There used to be access only by passes but now there is a possibility to register the passport data of the visitor. I have not asked when the complex will be finished. Of course there are trade organizations on the territory, but with such a trade showroom... it's a little early. The guards at the gate are not ready to record so many visitors.

Unfortunately for you I won't be able to try to visit the place until two weeks later. I live in the country now and will not be back to Moscow till 11.12.

I can only conclude that it's either pure fraud or they're in too much of a hurry to advertise.

On Tuesday I went to the entrance to npo "Vzlyot" which is located at this address, but as expected I was not allowed inside. In order to get in you have to call the company, they will bring you a one-time pass and you're good to go.... Of course I didn't make the call, but I asked the receptionist about the trading hall in pg. 13. She smiled, surprised and said: "No showroom at all on the premises"...

Conclusions are up to you.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

... By the way, I think 14 inches is a lot, well it all depends on the stomach area of course :)

And so, it will all work quickly.

I don't use my stomach anymore). There is a special table with a fan with adjustable height and tilt. It's very handy, I bought it for 2300 rubles.

Bought an AMD 12-powered HP from the DNS chain superstore. It's running fast and so far I'm quite happy with it. Only it has considerably more pixels on the screen compared to my old laptop and because of that I had to adjust some indicators and advisors where pixel dimensions and binding of objects were used.

Thanks to everyone who helped me choose a laptop!

khorosh:

Bought an AMD 12-powered HP from the DNS chain superstore. It's running fast and so far I'm quite happy with it. Only it has considerably more pixels on the screen compared to my old laptop and because of that I had to adjust some indicators and advisors where pixel dimensions and binding of objects were used.

Thanks to ALL those who helped me choose my laptop!

Well, now for the sake of interest put a seven on my old laptop :)

khorosh:

Bought an AMD 12-powered HP from the DNS chain superstore. It's running fast and so far I'm quite happy with it. Only it has considerably more pixels on the screen compared to my old laptop and because of that I had to adjust some indicators and EAs, using pixel dimensions and binding of objects.

Thanks to EVERYONE who helped me choose a laptop!

The screen resolution is good 1920x1080. The picture is sharp. But it turned out that high screen resolution has a negative side. It is not always possible to drag an order or a separating line between the main window and the separating window. Apparently, mouse and screen resolution are not coordinated. If we reduce the screen resolution in settings, the image will not be very good and the window of the terminal will not spread to the whole window area. Is there any way out of this situation?

khorosh:

Screen resolution is good 1920x1080. The picture is sharp. But it turns out that high screen resolution has some negative sides. I cannot always drag an order or a separating line between the main and the separating windows. Apparently, mouse and screen resolution are not coordinated. If we reduce the screen resolution in settings, the image will not be very good and the window of the terminal will not spread to the whole window area. I don't know how to solve this problem.

I don't understand what you mean. The resolution for a laptop is enormous, which of course is not convenient in some cases. It's stupid marketing, just like for phones with exorbitant resolution.

Exit one - don't trade hands ;)

Reason: