Help me find a laptop - page 9

Alexey Volchanskiy:

And how good is the UPS? After all, you probably have it as a backup?

Yes, with a car battery, 4-5 hours.

khorosh:
I mostly watch archive TV programmes on a landline. I trade from my laptop half-lying on the sofa. When rate of getting quotes is very high, my notebook cannot handle it and hangs. Then I go to a stationary computer and, if necessary, make some actions.

Have you considered a wireless TV/monitor?

Подключение телевизора по Wi-Fi в качестве второго монитора
Подключение телевизора по Wi-Fi в качестве второго монитора
  • votes: 1
  • prosmarttv.ru
Умные телевизоры и так до такой степени разумны, что могут использоваться вместо привычных устройств для выхода в интернет. Они выступают частичной заменой ноутбука или могут дополнить телефон, но все же не теряют свой привычный функционал, и продолжают показывать фильмы на большом и удобном экране. Но вспомните, что существует множество...

Andrew Petras:

Have you considered a wireless TV/monitor?

No.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

And how good is the UPS? After all, you probably have it as a backup?

I remember a funny story. In '71, after serving 3 years in the post of the head of radio engineering service on a floating missile base, I came to live in Bishkek. I worked at the newly built computer factory there. The plant was on the outskirts of Bishkek and the village of Lebedinovka was nearby, so I rented a private house with my family there. There were problems with electricity, it was often switched off. One day the voltage dropped so low that the bulbs were barely moving. I was a photography enthusiast and had some incandescent bulbs. So I plugged one into a floor lamp. On normal voltage, they can last no more than a few minutes, but on low voltage they last a long time and shine like a normal bulb. Because of the lack of normal electricity, the villagers poured out into the street, there was nothing to do at home. They see that everybody else has no light, but I do. I hear people talking about how I must have turned on some jerk and caused a power outage. They were raging under the windows for a long time, then I could not stand it any longer, came out and explained what was going on, and they calmed down).

Any luck connecting remotely to the desktop? What are your impressions?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Any luck connecting remotely to the desktop? What are your impressions?

Haven't got around to it yet, I'm distracted by other things.

Late? But I want to confirm. I bought a powerful laptop with 7 Intel. On win10 I got lags. Not even comfortable to play games.
I put in an ssd - the laptop is different. It's like I switched the CPU and threw in memory.
HDDs of any kind, really slowed things down.
Now all computers have ssd

khorosh:
I want to swap out my slow laptop. My desktop computer has an i3 processor clocked at 3.3GHz. Although no longer new, but in terms of performance quite suits me. Here I would like to pick up a laptop, so that the performance was not worse. Only here have looked at laptops even with i7 maximum clock speed 2.6 GHz. What would you advise?

The sluggishness is most likely caused by spyware modules in the ten, which artificially simulate this effect to create the need for a new purchase.

All the same, it is not profitable for business for a man to sit for a long time on the same thing and it is necessary to stimulate him somehow "to progress", I mean shopping.

You can check it in different ways, for example by installing XP or 7 with spyware modules disabled.

Something like this used to happen as soon as they started to shove updates supposedly for compatibility with new versions of Windows (with telemetry and all sorts of obscure uses) into 7.

If it's scary, it's all done manually.

Destroy Windows 10 Spying v1.6 Build 722 Final version / Отключение шпионских модулей в Windows 10
Destroy Windows 10 Spying v1.6 Build 722 Final version / Отключение шпионских модулей в Windows 10
  • rsload.net
Windows 10! Как много в этом слове, эту операционную систему ждали сильнее чем все остальные, ее как критиковали так и хвалили, сама же ко компания Microsoft сделала все, что бы как можно больше людей перешли скорее на новую версию ОС, даже на нашем сайте Windows 10 - самая горячая новость, набрала уже почти 8000 комментариев ( на момент...

Vladislav Andruschenko:
Late? But I want to confirm. I bought a powerful laptop with 7 Intel. On win10 I got lags. Not even comfortable to play games.
I put in an ssd - the laptop is different. It's like I switched the CPU and threw in memory.
HDDs of any kind, really slowed things down.
Now all computers have ssd

Except ssd there is a new technology - Intel Optane (special cache memory - not ssd disk).
It is used to speed up HDD under Windows 10 for Intel 7th generation processors and above.

In brief:
- costs $100 - very cheap compared to ssd
- results in faster HDD boot speed even faster than ssd (but speed is not given immediately, but after the 2nd and subsequent start of the process)
- 5 years warranty
- frequently loaded data is completely transferred to Intel Optane and removing the device incorrectly can cause a non-functional PC
- stringent requirements on PCs and motherboard manufacturers to support this new technology (originally the marketing was for PCs but progress is being made on laptops too, particularly Lenovo and Asus, unfortunately Dell is herding backwards).

Reason: