Mt4 End of support. - page 13

George Merts:

So, OK.

At one point, you discover that your function from that database has an error. Or you just needed to make an improvement. You make this change, and, of course, with all subsequent products - you have an updated version of the function. But what about the old ones ? They contain the old version ! Would not it be smarter to have just a library, which is plugged through the inludes, and after changing the library function - you just recompile old products?

I do not quite understand why I need to decompile DLL ?

Why do we need DLL's at all? In MQL you have enough tools to do any necessary actions... What is there that doesn't require a DLL ?

It's simple. In µl I wrote (with help of Artem and Vitaly) a couple of tips, then made myself a panel and finished with it.

And when you start looking for other solutions in other languages and immediately video how some geek (with a big M) connects a couple of libraries, writes a few dozen lines when and says that everything is ready. And everything by these methods really works, with a quality that should be flogged. To fix it you either have to open everything or not to use and write from scratch yourself. Did I answer your question?

Реter Konow:
Yes I understood it all at once. Only how was I supposed to respond to outright trolling?

No, not trolling, but pointing out your exact words that support your position.

Or if you have nothing to respond to that, then is it trolling?

I believe that as long as a person is speaking his mind and indicating his position with it, then why not ask him about that position?

Since Granny doesn't need to bother learning something new, and you don't need to bother learning something new - you can do everything the old-fashioned way, so you think like that Granny. Accordingly, hence my brief question-assertion to you "so you're a grandmother" in full confidence that you will quickly understand the thought process ;)

Mickey Moose:

It's simple. I wrote (with the help of Artem and Vitaly) a couple of EAs in µl, then made myself a panel and finished with it.

And when you start looking for solution for other tasks in a different language and immediately video how some geek (with a big M) connects a couple of libraries, writes a few dozen lines when and says that everything is ready. And everything by these methods really works, with a quality that should be flogged. To fix it you either have to open everything or not to use and write from scratch yourself. Did I answer your question?

So you are not a programmer? You are a customer. This thread is not for you then.

Artyom Trishkin:

No, not trolling, but pointing out your exact words that support your position.

Or if you have nothing to respond to that, then is it trolling?

I believe that if a person says a thought and states his position with it, then why not ask him about that position?

Since your grandmother doesn't need to bother learning something new, and you don't need to bother learning something new - you can do everything the old way, so you think like that grandmother. Accordingly, hence my brief question-assertion to you "so you are a grandmother" in full confidence that you will quickly understand the thought process ;)

If one stated the thought (already very clear), without trolling, then I would answer: "an established mind is discerning (unlike the mind of a child), and is able to assess the value of information and compare it to the necessary investment of time and effort to assimilate it." Obviously, any intelligent person would not waste his time studying material that is of no practical use to him. A person with life experience, who can distinguish nonsense from valuable knowledge may not learn new knowledge not because he can not, but because it is really not necessary in his life.

Mickey Moose:
And when you start looking for solution of other problems in another language and immediately video how some weirdo (with a big M) plugs in a couple of libraries, writes a few dozen lines when and says that everything is ready. And everything by these methods really works, with a quality that should be flogged. To fix it you either have to open everything or not to use and write from scratch yourself. Did I answer your question?

Frankly, I didn't quite get it.

All is correct - if you can plug in a library, and write a couple of lines of code, and everything works - why do something else? Of course, if it "sort of works" - is another matter, but why take a job, in which some functions work incorrectly? Well, if there are just bugs and errors - it's common, the developer should fix them.

Of course, if you have all the code in the project and not in the library - it's kind of more convenient to make corrections. But when one and the same function is used in different places, it is much more reasonable to have it in a library. For example, the Standard Library - I use many classes from there, and in the same way, I have my own "standard library", which contains many of the often required classes.

Plus to this - I've already said more than once, I widely use virtualization - when a library exports just a virtual abstract interface (a class in which all functions are equal to zero) - that is, if an error is detected - it is there, in the library, and there's no way to get to it from "external code" - the user simply has no access to the real functions, only to their virtual images.

This is what I see as the essence of encapsulation - the class lies in the library and nowhere else. Accordingly, if we need to use it, we take it from the library and if we need to fix it, we fix it in the library.

As a result, my experts consist of literally three lines of code. The library in which the Expert Advisor Parts Factory is located, the factory itself is declared, and the basic template, which describes the standard functions OnInit(), OnTick(), and others. I think this approach is much more reasonable than writing standard OnInit(), OnTick() etc. in the EA itself.

Реter Konow:

If the (already very clear) point was made without trolling, then I would answer: "an established mind is discerning (unlike the mind of a child), and is able to assess the value of information and compare it with the necessary investment of time and effort to assimilate it". Obviously, any intelligent person would not waste his time studying material that is of no practical use to him. A person with life experience who can distinguish between nonsense and valuable knowledge. Consequently, he may not assimilate new knowledge not because he cannot, but because he does not really need it in his life.

Good. Everything is clear and understandable.

Artyom Trishkin:

So you're not a programmer? You are a customer. This thread is not for you then.

Not a programmer and not a customer. I am a rubbish collector in a factory, if anything. And when I am required to write something, I do it only for my own needs and my own use. It makes working with computers much easier.

And if you want to share your product - I will not remake written according to instructions with the inclusion of all sorts of crap - bugs on a month of work (mine) will come out.

Mickey Moose:

Not a programmer or a customer. I am a rubbish collector in a factory, if anything. And when I need to write something, I write it only for my own needs and for myself. It makes working with a computer a lot easier.

And if you want to share your product - I will not remake written according to instructions with the inclusion of all sorts of crap - bugs for a month of work (mine) will come out.

Everything is clear. Write as you want. Here we are talking about something else - learn - you will understand. I'm not offended. Just really you do not need it, and do not even bother to understand what it's about ;).

George Merts:

Frankly, I don't quite get it.

A recent example.

I wanted to make a parsing program to search for new orders on several sites, so that they would come directly to my desktop in txt every 2 hours + various other stuff, so that it would be "all inclusive".

I found instructions for implementation - about 200 lines with some standard files included (by video from youtube).

I have run it and it works only with one site, other my robot gets banned immediately or just gets wrong answers.

Made bypass protection - it turned out to be incompatible with the included libraries.

I'm ashamed to even show anyone what's done there. I'm not in the mood for dll poking around.

As for mql, I'm still searching for new ideas on the forum that may help me.

Artyom Trishkin:

Everything is clear. You may write as you wish. The conversation here is about something else - you'll get the hang of it. I am not offended. Just really you do not need it, and do not even bother to understand what it's about ;).

No offense, but I'll figure out what I need. Who else can ask why disappeared my top? I became interested in dumping statistics of my entries and exits here for the public, and the idea is chopped right away. What provision has been violated?

Реter Konow:

You know how to find arguments, Nikolai.)

Not arguments, ... but an analogy.)
And you, Peter, know how to start a fire and add oil to the fire.)
It's enough to go on about uselessness of OOP in any waning topic, and "a fire will flare up from a spark"...))
It's like some kind of S&M.))
No, it's probably just a kind of rest from coding." We wrote, we wrote, our fingers got tired... " :))

Reason: