I'm puzzled... EAs don't work on real accounts... maybe we should change broker? - page 3

Definitely!

Change brokers!

Vitalii Ananev:

You are right. But even in forex, if we believe the brokerage companies, there are accounts from which trades are executed directly in the market. If trades are executed inside a brokerage company, we do not know how spread is formed.

We do not need to believe them.) The brokerage company, unlike the brokerage company, does not withdraw anything (just by definition) - it is not even their function by law. And if it does, it is purely their personal business. It has nothing to do with you (us).

Reactor555:

I work on MT4.

Spread widening on a rollover is normal. I'd be wary if the DC didn't do it (when trading at that time there'd be a risk of not taking profits out).

And regarding trading on the news (there, by the way, the spread was hardly "normal" either) - use TDS (add-on for MT4) or MT5 for tests, otherwise you will gather tester grails.

I don't really understand how you can account for a possible spread widening at any time. Suppose you are testing a strategy that shows you closing profitable positions. Where is the guarantee that the spread will not increase 10 times in exactly the same market situation and nothing will close?

That this is an arbitrary action of brokerage companies, of this I am 100% sure. We are not talking about any liquidity reduction. How can we decrease the liquidity of dollar-yen, for example, if the American and Japanese trading session is in full swing? A decrease in dollar liquidity is nonsense.

About the news... I will probably eliminate any trading for 2 hours on important news. I look at the importance of the news on TV. If you advise me some other good resources, I would be grateful.

My strategies will be adjusted so that everything closes by 23.00. I am a day trader. Average deal duration is 1-2 hours. The number of trades will decrease, but I just do not see any other way out yet.

I will open couple more accounts with other brokerage companies. I will try to compare how someone works. For me it may be that I have chosen a wrong brokerage company.

I have never been used to change my trading robot and I have never been used for such kind of trading.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

And as for trading on the news (the spread there, by the way, was hardly "normal" either) - use TDS (an add-on for MT4) or MT5 for tests, otherwise you will gather tester grails.

Does MT5 gather information both on bid and ask? Or is it possible to adjust spread for any value?

Reactor555:

About the news... If you can suggest any other good resources, I would be grateful.

Soon news will be available from mql5 itself. It's being developed now. When it will be ready knows@Renat Fatkhullin.

Reactor555:

Does MT5 collect both bid and ask information? Or can the spread be set to any value?

There is access to real ticks. Both bid and ask are there. In the tester it is the same (when testing on real ticks).

Alexey Kozitsyn:
There is access to real ticks. And there are both bid and ask. In the tester - similar (when testing on real ticks).

I will definitely give it a try.

A surprising thing has come to light. Some top DTs don't have their own history server. It is impossible to load quotes into MT. I wonder how their clients are testing their strategies? And one brokerage company does not have night spread widening. And there is no history.

Reactor555:

I will definitely give it a try.

A surprising thing has come to light. Some top DTs don't have their own history server. It is impossible to load quotes into MT. I wonder how their clients are testing their strategies? And one brokerage company does not have night spread widening. And there is no history.

The MT5 access to history is not implemented the way it is in MT4. Try it.

Reactor555:

I don't really understand how you can account for a possible spread widening at any time. Suppose you are testing a strategy that shows you closing profitable positions. Where is the guarantee that in real life, in exactly the same market situation, the spread will not increase 10 times and nothing will close for you?

You are a bit stuck in a fairy tale called "fixed spread". It doesn't exist in the market.

Build your strategies around the real market spread, this is possible in both MT4 (with add-ons) and MT5.

Reason: