Sultonov differential indicator - page 45

Дмитрий:

There's nothing brilliant about it.

Genius is the inventor's ability to find points of application for small efforts that yield huge payoffs.

Brilliance manifests itself in consciously adjusting an existing technology, approach or even fashion and getting incredible 'dividends' from the application of one's efforts.

Genius is when the result is a multiple of the effort.

Реter Konow:

Genius is the inventor's ability to find points of application of small efforts that yield enormous payoffs.

Genius manifests itself in consciously adjusting an existing technology, approach or even fashion and getting incredible "dividends" from the application of one's efforts.

Genius is when the result is a multiple of the effort.

All-in-all, just take it easy!

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
Probably, every scientist in his or her life has at least once encountered an "accidental" discovery. And not only observers, but also theorists. Recall, for example, the prediction of the positron by Dirac, who did not think at all about the whole world of antiparticles, writing out his famous equation. It often happens when numerical calculations often reveal something that was not put into them. And are we always able to notice random, incidental results of research? hence:http://www.t-z-n.ru/archives/Kesselman_Na_kogo_upalo_yabloko.pdf

Yes, that is a very interesting example.

History is full of such examples.

By the way, programming practice is simply "replete" with examples when a small change in calculations reduces computer resource consumption many times over. That is, it makes the result much better.

Дмитрий:

Well, composites themselves are a pre-Christian invention.

The Hyksos used composite bows 3500 years ago.

There's nothing genius about it.

your "genius" stubbornness...

)))))) wrote "'genius' stubbornness". Sees I'm not responding - added 'yours'!

Oh those kids....

Реter Konow:

If Yusuf came up with his own indicator, it is rightly his achievement and he deserves the right to claim authorship. Imho.

A first-grader walked up to his teacher and said, "I noticed that as the numbers grow, the difference of their squares increases by 2."

The teacher (not just maths) checked - true. She looked up why. Turns out it follows from the school formula (k+1)^2=k^2+2k+1, which itself is a consequence of Newton's binomial.

Does the boy deserve to be assigned authorship? Whatever way you look at it, it is certainly his achievement. He could not have heard of any Newton's binomial, he discovered this fact himself.

Vladimir:

A first-grader came to the teacher and said: "I noticed that as the numbers grow, the difference of their squares increases by 2. The teacher (not just maths) checked - it's true. She looked up why. Turns out it follows from the school formula (k+1)^2=k^2+2k+1, which itself is a consequence of Newton's binomial. Does the boy deserve to be assigned authorship? However you slice it, it is certainly his achievement.

Certainly he deserves it. However, it certainly does not mean that authorship will be assigned to him...

Do you think he doesn't?

Реter Konow:
He certainly deserves it. However, it certainly doesn't mean that the authorship will be assigned to him...

I think the boy deserves to be featured in the school newspaper.

Vladimir:

I think the boy deserves to be honoured in the school newspaper.

So this is how you judge the true expression of genius? A wall newspaper and that's it? Eh, no appreciation for talent... )

Of course, you need to develop modesty in children and everything, but to celebrate the achievement on the merits is still worthwhile. For example, make a TV programme or show it in the news.

Trial run of the advisor:

Reason: