What is a trend? - page 59

Sergey Lazarenko:

I don't understand, what are you rooting for? Determine the trend by extrema? Which in turn sort by fractals (of 5 candles)? Here is the Euro, the indicator goes successively to tops and troughs which in turn fractals(candlesticks) I marked with trend channels right?

I was just asking how you mark the chart with channels)))) Based on what you have them exactly as they are on the chart.
And, I decided to parallell the definition of what I see on your chart myself.

And what I'm rooting for: formalism. Since traders intuitively try to divide the price into a slanting movement and a horizontal one, there is an objective reason for this, and therefore one can objectively divide prices into these two types of movement. In practice, this separation equals drawing a VSE markup - an extremely subjective matter. Therefore, we can try to put together all the signs of the movement, define what is a directional slope movement and how to mark it accurately on the price chart.

If defined as gradually descending peaks and troughs, then we need to define these peaks and troughs, since we are using these terms.
If we define them as channels, we should define the channels and the rules for their creation. And the rules must not be based on the terms that we do not know, have not defined, or understand only vaguely: "a vertex, a trough, a sequence of several candlestick shadows, etc.".

Further, you write why we should tie the trend to the TF. But, if we use fractals, we already have binding to TF, because fractal counts time intervals. Otherwise we cannot build channels objectively. Either nobody announced such a method yet. That is why I recalled Duku; it seems to be clearly formalized there from one to another.

If you are confused, just answer the question again:

How do you yourself objectively, without ambiguity, clearly mark up the channels?

Ivan Butko:

I just asked how you marked the chart with channels))) Based on what they are on the chart.
And, I decided to parallell the definition of what I see on your chart myself.

And what I'm rooting for: formalism. Since traders intuitively try to divide the price into a slanting movement and a horizontal one, there is an objective reason for this, and therefore one can objectively divide prices into these two types of movement. In practice, this separation equals drawing a VSE markup - an extremely subjective matter. Therefore, we can try to put together all the signs of the movement, define what is a directional slope movement and how to mark it accurately on the price chart.

If defined as gradually descending peaks and troughs, then we need to define these peaks and troughs, since we are using these terms.
If we define them as channels, we should define the channels and the rules for their creation. And the rules must not be based on the terms that we do not know the definition of, or have not given, or only vaguely understand, "a vertex, a trough, a sequence of several candlestick shadows, etc.".

Further, you write why we should tie the trend to the TF. But, if we use fractals, we already have binding to TF, because fractal counts time intervals. Otherwise we cannot build channels objectively. Either nobody announced such a method yet. That is why I recalled Duku; it seems to be clearly formalized there from one to another.

If you are confused, just answer the question again:

How do you yourself objectively, without ambiguity, clearly mark up the channels?

It's simple I formalized the rules for drawing an early-lying Sperandeo channel (if you need the exact definition, go to the Internet) it's been years ago, the essence was simple, an equidistant channel has two components, a trendline and a channel line parallel to it, the trendline has two points, 1)it is the beginning of the trend, the second is through the point that belongs to the Top from which the previous Trough was updated, that is a confirmation of the trend, but so that the touch was only in one place, the channel line is parallel to the trendline, and also the condition, touching only in one place... This is a variant for a simple trend form, of three waves.For a trend with more than three waves is a bit more complicated, then the principle is the same

Allow me to answer the topical question. A trend is a change in the Y-axis by the value of a threshold. A change below the threshold is a flat. A change above the threshold is a trend. Threshold, everyone sets up for yourself. IMHO!!!

Ivan Butko:

If you've identified for yourself what a trend is and how to find it with practical benefit, you can post here, that's what I created the topic for. If your idea costs money, then PM me, I will consider any suggestions.

It's not just a matter of writing some lines of algorithm and code, basic requirements and explanations of them, but a known

the inability of existing developers to create a program of required profitability, which should be obtained as a result of development.

aleger:

It's not just a matter of writing any number of lines of algorithm and code, basic requirements and explanations of them, it's a matter of knowingly

the inability of the available developers to create a program of the required profitability, which is the result of the development.

The developer of the strategy is responsible for profitability. No one will give a one hundred percent guarantee, except fraudsters and Vanga.

Aliaksandr Hryshyn:
The strategy developer is responsible for the profitability. No one will give a one hundred percent guarantee, except fraudsters and Vanga.

It is not a question of guaranteeing something obviously ephemeral, but the very real possibility of obtaining all or part of the profit for every trade - whether upward or downward - that starts.

upward or downward trend, all or nearly all of the profit available to be made at the appropriate time.

The trading strategy is not about guaranteeing something ephemeral, but about gaining all or almost all profit available at the moment.

Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Объекты Ганна
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Объекты Ганна
  • www.mql5.com
Для объектов веер Ганна (OBJ_GANNFAN) и сетка Ганна (OBJ_GANNGRID) можно указать одно из двух значений перечисления ENUM_GANN_DIRECTION, которое задает направление тренда...
Reason: