What is a trend? - page 7

Yury Kirillov:

An indicator that lags by a day will only show you how much you could have earned a day ago if you had known what it was drawing now.

It all depends on the conditions of application of the indicator. Let's say the trend indicator is on D1. The lag of a day is quite acceptable and even good. Despite the lag of the trend indicator, an entry can be made rather precisely when the trend reverses. For after the first wave, there is usually quite a deep correction (2nd wave). Here on the pullback we will enter in the direction of the new trend.

Yury Kirillov:

An indicator that lags by a day will only show you how much you could have earned a day ago if you had known what it was drawing now.

Yeah, it's all about "would", well, it always is.

Uladzimir Izerski:

How far you are from understanding the trend. I'm going to bed.

Respectfully.

I love topics like this =) The best part is, everything is in front of your eyes, but no, 95% can't see...

Андрей:

I love themes like this =) The best part is, everything is in front of your eyes, but no, 95% can't see...

Like - lift my eyelids )

Serqey Nikitin:

An indicator MUST show the current state of the market! Do you work with historical data? Then what does it matter what the indicator shows on the history...?

Yes, there's a TRUE opinion that overshooting is bad... But it's about time we started getting a handle on the data that is actually needed to open trade orders, and which becomes obsolete out of necessity.

Yes, but it can show the current market situation only on the basis of past data. And those who say that they do not analyze the history and that his indicator does not show the historical data, but only the current market situation, are either liars or very happy.

Because your "Do you work with historical data? Then what does it matter what the indicator shows on the history ...?

"But it's time to start understanding the data that you really need for openingof trade orders, and which are becoming obsolete."

Because it's not before but after the opening of trade orders which data was needed to open those very orders and which data was not.

It's all about what kind of history data to take in order to correctly (positively mo) determine this very current state of the market, as you said. It's like reference currents, as well as the beginnings of trends/floats, or whatever the abzovi.

And it's not as if re-patterning is better or worse - it is the data that should be analyzed out of the whole heap. It's time to start figuring it out...))) Everybody understands it anyway. Have they figured it out yet? And how would a redraw help them with that?

Gorg1983:

Yes, but it can show the current state of the market only on the basis of past data. And those who say that it doesn't analyze the history and its indicator shows not the historical data, but only the current market situation, are either liars or delusional.

Because your "Do you work with historical data? Then what does it matter what the indicator shows on the history ...?

"But it's time to start understanding the data that you really need for openingof trade orders, and which are becoming obsolete."

Because it's not before but after the opening of trade orders which data was needed to open those very orders and which data was not.

It's all about what kind of history data to take in order to correctly (positively mo) determine this very current state of the market, as you said. It is the same as reference points, as well as the beginnings of trends/floats, or however abzovy.

And it is not because re-pearls are better or worse, it is about the data that should be analyzed out of the pile. It's time to start figuring it out...))) Everybody understands it anyway. Have you figured it out yourself? And how will redrawing help them do that?

In general, I don't understand why we need redrawing indicators, we have quotations history, on its analysis we draw an indicator, the total we have: the current price (0th bar) and history clip (indicator buffers) we work with these data.

Yury Kirillov:

An indicator that does not "lag" for a day will show you the same thing. You also do not know the bandwidth of the overshoot. And if you do, it is equal to forecasting with positive mo,

it's equivalent to a profitable forex trading system. And if it is so, then it does not matter what it will be implemented through all sorts of re-rating, or through the usual things.

Gorg1983:

Yes, but it can show the current state of the market only on the basis of past data. And those who say that it does not analyse history and its indicator does not show historical data, but only the current market situation,are either liars or blissful.

Yes, my Expert Advisor is "blissful" - it takes the current data and opens positions, and what's interesting - the trade works... Probably by accident...

Serqey Nikitin:
Yes, my EA is "blissful" - it takes the current data and opens positions, and the interesting thing is that the trade works!... Probably by accident...

What a motherfucker. The notion of trend/float is, as you yourself have already written, a purely relative concept without any model/ts framework or other specific conditions.

Why do you have "current data" - quite a specific concept. For one, the current data is 100 bars, for another 1000. Considering that any past information after the last tick is history. Then the current data is the last price, and your TS is based on moon phases or a coin.

Gorg1983:
Why do you have "current data" - quite a specific concept. For one, the current data is 100 bars, for another 1000 bars. Considering that any past information after the last tick is history. Then your current data is the last price, then your ts is based on either lunar phases or a coin.

Your reasoning is very complicated for me... My reasoning is much simpler:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

What is a trend?

Serqey Nikitin, 2017.08.25 02:15

A trend is the direction of price movement determined within your mathematical model, i.e. your trend indicator.

As accurate as your model will be, so accurate will your indicator be in determining reversals.

Example:

Reason: