Do customers need a simple programming language built in? - page 6

I wrote a simple language in MQL, just to be able to enter formulas and trigger conditions into a table (a la micro-excel).
Rather tedious task, yet the language is not oriented on text processing and working with din.struktury.

Forth in MQL can be written quickly and easily, but who is brave enough to program in Forth too? :-)

And this is hardly in demand - people far from programming in this regard expect ready-made solutions, and those who know the language of the platform and so can write everything

Taras Slobodyanik:

this has been around for a long time and in many variations, here's an example(not advertising) see from 33 seconds:

Yes, it's very close to what I think it is. And the fact that there is, I did not doubt for a second, as I wrote in the first posts, it was in FoxPro, queries to the database are about the same in the query builder. You could have coded it by hand though. It's the early 90's.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

I wrote a simple language in MQL, just to be able to input formulas and condition to trigger into a table (a la micro-excel).
Rather tedious task, yet the language is not oriented on text processing and working with din.struktura.

Forth in MQL can be written quickly and easily, but who is brave enough to program in Forth too? :-)

And this is hardly in demand - people far from programming in this regard expect ready-made solutions, and those who know the language of the platform and so can write everything

I used to write in Forth, purely for myself, out of curiosity. I've forgotten everything but I remember that it's an unusual and stackable language.

The mystery of Master Yoda'sspeech is revealed:
As an old Forth programmer he was...

The vast majority want the exact opposite - a game interface with plug-in strategy modules and light-noise effects. There is a hidden grail for Forex programmers - to turn trading on the stock exchanges into a real money game, in the future a network type MMO

And those traders who start with pseudolanguage queries, and then master iCustom and OrderSend, and rest on their laurels

George Merts:

I have one line to open a trade, regardless of platform. Just due to the capabilities of MQL5.

But as a matter of fact - it's been said here more than once - the difference between MQL4 and MQL5 is very small, and in fact the whole difference is in the difference in protocols of interaction with the server.

MQL5's first statements that "there's only one line in MT4, and fifteen in MT5" are similar to the first Windows programmers who had to do a shitload of things to open the simplest window - to register the window class, start a loop in message processing, write a window event function...

But now everybody writes for Windows and I even have a suspicion that it would be a bit difficult for most people to write something working in DOS.

In the early 90s, I once wrote a library for my own use for creating graphical menus; I drew everything with my own hands. The reason was that there was nothing else available, and the software had to work in graphic mode, to draw charts. Those were the days.

I wonder if modern video cards still have alphanumeric mode? ))

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Well, based on the fact that the starting BIOS in many still works in text - apparently it has, at least on some of them.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I once wrote a library for myself in the early 90s to create graphical menus, drawing everything by hand. Simply because there was nothing, and the software had to work in graphical mode, drawing graphs. Those were the days.

NVideo drivers for Linux allowed video to be displayed in the console as ASCII graphics.

igrok333:
here is the deal opening in mql4
one line.

Opening a position in mql5
13 lines.

In normal programming languages, an op is triggered when you can't do anything with normal methods.
Isn't it a lame programming language?

Use CTrade class, it will be even easier than in MQL4.

George Merts:

Well, based on the fact that the starting BIOS in many of them still works in text - at least on some of them, apparently.

Yeah, when I think back on the old days, I wonder how I ever worked back then.

I remember working in Autocad without a mouse, as the computer was from one company, not mine, and there was no mouse. At that time everything cost as much as gold. I couldn't afford to buy a mouse!

So I used to fiddle with Lisp commands from the Autocad console.) Nowadays it looks like madness, but I drew the case.

There was no literature at all, the guys from the board printed the instructions in Russian in Borland Turbo Pascal and Turbo C. And that was it, then you could screw around with it at will.

So the complaints of pampered boys about the complexity of MQL5 to me sounds pretty shameful ))

Vasiliy Sokolov:

The NVideo drivers for Linux allowed to display video in the console as ASCII graphics.

Cool. I've never seen that before!

Reason: