Write an advisor

I want to ask a slightly strange question. How difficult is it to learn how to write an EA yourself? (Please do not offer to teach me for money). Do I have to know programming or something like that? Or there are programmes that write the code themselves and we specify the indicator, the time of entry, etc.

ikascorp:
I want to ask a weird question. How difficult is it to learn to write an EA by yourself? (Please do not offer to teach me for money). Do I have to know programming or something like that? Or there are programmes that write the code themselves, and we have to specify the indicator, the time of entry, etc.

There are constructor programmes - haven't used them, but I think they're rubbish. Even ME has a similar constructor.

It's not easy to learn how to program if you don't even use formulas in Excel.

I have more or less learned the basics after working with freelancers - I had to get into errors in code, especially in arbitrage.

The main impetus was the fact that I could not find executor for my large TOR (Expert Advisor) - I started to dig deeper into programming myself, and I am very happy about it.

Writing a simple Expert Advisor is easier than learning how to program. It is enough to take a working more or less suitable for the strategy Expert Advisor from the article or CodeBase, figure out how it works and modify it to fit your strategy.

Learning to program is difficult and takes a long time - from six months or more, depending on ability and initial training.

After that it becomes very difficult and time-consuming to write a really working and profitable Expert Advisor. Right now I am starting a new project with almost nothing left of the old code, and the strategy has only test developments. Estimate time frame - at least six months. The real time will probably be longer - by Murphy's law: any work takes 2-3 times more time than initially planned).

Hi!

First, familiarise yourself with building block diagrams of algorithms in BASIC.

second - study the technical indicators in MT4 - https://docs.mql4.com/ru/indicators/ima

iMA(NULL,0,13,8,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,i).

which parameter affects what and what it is in the indicator.

Third - take the MACDsample EA, it is available on MT4.

and start studying the code. Where is the input part, where are the indicators, where are the conditions for obtaining signals?

where the deal is opened, take profit, stop loss.

How trades are closed.

Then start to modify the trading robot and test the trading robot, what results it achieves and why.

The online trading robot builder is quite good. It will be simple for beginners.

http://www.forexeadvisor.com

http://www.forexeadvisor.com/expert_generator.aspx

Well... good luck!))

Get started and we'll see.

ikascorp:
I want to ask a slightly strange question. How difficult is it to learn to write an Expert Advisor by yourself? (Please do not ask me to learn it for money). Do I have to know programming or something like that? Or there are programs that write their own code and we have to indicate the indicator, entry points, etc.

Learning to write EAs, indicators and scripts in MQL5 is not very difficult. You don't need to learn a programming language.

The first step is to start small: you set a task and learn MQL5 while solving it. At the same time you also study the MQL5 Reference.

ikascorp:
I want to ask a weird question. How hard is it to learn how to write an EA? (Please do not ask me to teach it for money). I have to know programming or something like that? Or there are programmes that write the code themselves, and we have to specify the indicator, the time of entry, etc.

Programming is very hard and painstaking work.

To create a profitable EA, you not only need years of manual trading, but you also need to have a technical education and mathematical thinking to make your own EA.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Programming is very hard and painstaking work.

To create a profitable EA, you not only need years of manual trading, but you also need to have a technical background and mathematical thinking to make your own EA.

+100500

ikascorp:
I want to ask a slightly strange question. How difficult is it to learn how to write an EA yourself? (Please do not offer to teach me for money). Do I have to know programming or something like that? Or there are programmes that write their own code and we just have to indicate the indicator, entry points, etc.
There are a lot of subtleties in programming. If you write primitive EAs for the Strategy Tester, you don't need to know programming. But if you write sophisticated EAs for the real account, the problems will begin, and here we will have to optimize the operating speed and all that, in general, know the programming at a high level. It depends on what goals are set. But everything can be learned if you have the desire.

Alexander Ivanov:

Hi!

First, familiarise yourself with building block diagrams of algorithms in BASIC.

What the fuck is BASIC, are we drinking firewater again? ))

Alexey Volchanskiy:

What the fuck's a BASIC, are we drinking firewater again? ))

I'm done for now.)

ikascorp:
I want to ask a weird question. How hard is it to learn how to write an EA? (Please do not ask me to teach it for money). I have to necessarily know programming or something like that? Or there are programmes that write the code themselves, and we have to specify the indicator, the time of entry, etc.

In MQL5 there is a utility that creates EAs, called MQL5 Wizard, where you just have to specify the entry point indicator, risk size and click on create and the EA is ready.

Reason: