How can one tolerate losses, or a life of waiting for profits? - page 7

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

As you have already been suggested - get a certain loss - don't trade for a while, get your head together. Some of the classics have a 2%+6% rule. If you make a 2% loss in a day, you don't trade today. Get a loss of 6% for the week - you don't trade until the end of the month (rule and limits can be adjusted to suit yourself, you don't have to take 2% and 6% values).

What about the fact that the commission is not taken into account? Commission accounting can be implemented in the tester using the TesterWithdrawal() function.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Anyway, I broke down, couldn't take the loss... all trivial, there is testing, which was confirmed by small lot in last weeks trading.

The chart at testing for the year is 1 lot:

On joy, I decided to load the deposit to 100% and this week killed me.

Well, if you load 100% of deposit, the positions will be closed by a forced stopout. I don't quite get it. You have to leave the liquidity for drawdowns. Well, try to increase the initial lot by 2 times. I did it during tests - the initial Lots 0.01 increased 2-3 times and the beautiful images came out))) Neatness of hands and no waving)))

Alexey Kozitsyn:

As you have already been suggested - get a certain loss - don't trade for a while, get your head together. Some of the classics have a 2%+6% rule. If you make a 2% loss in a day, you don't trade again today. If you make a loss of 6% over a week - do not trade until the end of the month (this rule and limitations can be adjusted according to your needs, you do not have to take 2% and 6% values).

Should I disable the Expert Advisor (which I did and entered against it)? Shouldn't we consider its statistical data, according to which it will show profit after a series of losses? What if I switch it off and then on and miss this period and fall again into long drawdowns?

Alexey Kozitsyn:

What about the fact that the commission is not taken into account? You can implement commission accounting in the tester using the TesterWithdrawal() function.

Thanks for the idea. Are there any examples of how to do it, i.e. how do you suggest to catch the moment of position closing? Especially, if closing happens partially? When deinitializing it is possible to remove by results, but it will distort the results.

I understand that the volume of the position must be monitored and the programmer must react to each change.

geratdc:

Look, if you load a 100 per cent preposition, then the positions will be closed by a stopout. I don't quite get it. You have to leave liquidity for drawdowns. Well, try to increase the initial lot by 2 times. I did it during tests - the initial Lots 0.01 increased 2-3 times and the beautiful images came out))) Manual dexterity and no waving)))

For example, on the exchange (futures section) not everything is different from brokerage companies, you can buy with as much money as you have (the leverage is implemented in the tool) - of course I left reserve for the drawdown of about 30%.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

As you have already been suggested - get a certain loss - don't trade for a while, get your head together. Some of the classics have a 2%+6% rule. If you make a 2% loss in a day, you don't trade again today. Make a loss of 6% for the week - don't trade until the end of the month (rule and limits can be adjusted to suit yourself, you don't have to take 2% and 6% values).

What about the fact that the commission is not taken into account? Commission accounting can be implemented in the tester using the TesterWithdrawal() function.

The bad thing is that the function does not set the withdrawal period, for example month, quarter, year. And it does not necessarily require withdrawal in money, but it would also be nice to have a percentage of the profit for the calculation period - the same withdrawal period to be set. Then the function would be useful.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Should I disable the EA (which I did and entered against it)? Shouldn't its statistical data be taken into account, according to which after a series of losses there will be gains? And what if I switch it off and on and miss that period, and get into a long drawdown again?

The proposed method is just an example of controlling emotions to reduce the risks, to calm trading, not to do something stupid, etc. We have not mentioned anything about the connection with the Expert Advisor.

Are there any examples of how to do this?

There is an article on the forum specifically on the use of this function.

geratdc:

It's bad that the function doesn't specify withdrawal period, e.g. month, quarter, year. And it doesn't have to be withdrawal in money, but it would also be nice to have a percentage of the traded profit for the calculation period - the withdrawal period that can be set. In this case, the function would be useful.

This problem can be solved with mql5.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

The proposed method is just an example of controlling emotions in order to reduce risk, calm trading, not to do something stupid, etc. We did not talk about communication with the Expert Advisor.

There is an article on this function in the Forum.

Now I'm reading it and cannot decide how to interpret this phrase:

When calling this function, the currentbalance andequityare simultaneously reduced by the amount to be withdrawn. However, the tester does not account for withdrawals in the values of profit and loss but calculates the total amount of withdrawal in a separate indicator "Withdrawal" as shown in Figure 3.

I.e. does profit, loss and PE change by the amount of withdrawal or not? Or does the author, on the contrary, want them to be unchanged - this is based on the following text.

And there is no answer as to how best to monitor changes in the position in order to fix the commission.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

And, the answer is not there, how best to monitor position changes to fix the commission.

The best option is to check it yourself. You don't need an answer. Do it the way you want. You need to withdraw at the end of the day - do the count at the end of the day on those deals that were opened during this day. But for simplicity, you can count everything at the end of the test.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
The best option is to test it yourself. You don't need an answer. Do it your way. You need to withdraw at the end of the day - make a count at the end of the day of those transactions that were open on this day. But for simplicity, you can count everything at the end of the test.

So if at the end of the day, all the other indicators go, and I wanted to save them. OK, we should really test it now...

Thank you.

Reason: