How can one tolerate losses, or a life of waiting for profits? - page 4

STARIJ:

Try this: after each loss, stop trading for at least an hour. And just observe.

It is possible to make a script for accelerated scrolling through the history (or use a tester), and before trading for an hour watch the chart without thinking about entries - a good exercise for the subconscious

So this week I almost did not touch anything with my hands - I was just watching the Expert Advisor, and it was losing and losing and losing - and then I failed :(

My mistake was in taking too much risk, I overestimated the lot size - it traumatized me (realizing how much I was losing). My mistake was overestimating the lot size - it traumatized me (realizing how much I was losing). So I had the silly logic: if my broker is losing so much money I should change trading rules and straight away I got into trouble.

It's written in Russian: control points, you can't take the result into account.

And it's work on minutes!!!

Well, at least there was an expert on fifteen minutes... Better yet - on the clock. Then the test would have reflected something. The test in this case was nothing, which is what the result showed. You should test such small timeframes only in MT5 in "real ticks" mode.

George Merts:

Such small timeframes should only be tested in MT5 in "real ticks" mode.

No way. I play with my hands inside 1m TF, I test ATS on 1m TF history, and no ticks. And mind you, the test is always roughly the same as the real. No ticks in ATS when testing, although real trades occur inside a candle.

And this is several ATSs already. No problems, and I don't see the point in tick testing.

By the way, all ATSs were analyzed and tested on 3-6 month history. Imho, no more is needed.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Come on. I play with my hands inside the 1m TF, I test ATS on the 1m TF history, and no ticks. And note, the test always roughly coincides with the real. No ticks in ATS when testing, although real trades occur inside a candle.

And this is several ATSs already. No problems, and I don't see the point in tick testing.

By the way, all ATSs were analyzed and tested on 3-6 month history. Imho, no more is needed.

I have doubts that while using timeframes less than 1M, testing on minutes, moreover, in MT4 would give adequate results. It is too strange.

About "testing on 3-6 month history" - for timeframes less than 1H - quite reasonable.

George Merts:

It's written in Russian: control points, you can't take the result into account.

And it's working on minutes !!!

Well, at least the Expert Advisor was on fifteen minutes. Better yet - on the hours. The test would have shown something then. The test in this case was nothing, which is what the result showed. You should test such small timeframes only in MT5 in "real ticks" mode.

I see, I didn't make it clear that the last screenshots are from MT5 - I trade on Si.

I purposely ran it through all ticks and attached the chart with the report.

George Merts:

I have doubts that when using timeframes less than 1M - testing on minutes, moreover, in MT4 would give adequate results. Something too strange.

About "testing on 3-6 month history" - for timeframes less than 1H - quite reasonable.

I write what I do. I have no history less than 1m and my TS works not by candles but by current price, i.e. inside of a candle. And this is 4 different TS since 2010. The tester is self-written, not in MT.

In general, candlesticks are an artificial formation).

Let the commission of 1 ruble 20 kopecks (broker and exchange) - then 2331*1,2=2797,2 - sort of not critical.

By the way, put a delay of 50ms for the test on all ticks.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I see, I didn't make it clear that the last screenshots are from MT5 - I trade on Si.

I don't think you are trading on Si.) It is more profitable on Sberbank, GP or RTS. There is more movement.

My profit is amazing on RTS, but I cannot stand it for more than 2-3 days in a row - my head goes off).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

(I don't think you should be trading on Si.) It is more profitable on Sberbank, GP or RTS. There is more movement.

My ATS has to be adjusted for different instruments and takes good profits on the move.)

My ATC has to be adjusted for different instruments, Sberbank takes good profit right away, but RTS does not take it well - I haven't understood the reason yet.

I traded different instruments with my hands, RTS is sometimes thin, that's why I got interested in Si. But, of course, I want to adapt to different instruments for diversification.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

My ATS needs to be adjusted for different instruments, Sber is good right away, but RTS is not so good - I haven't got into the reason yet.

I traded different instruments with my hands, RTS is sometimes thin, that's why I got interested in Si. But, of course, I want to adapt to different instruments for diversification.

I have no ATS on RTS, only hands. I make about 10-15 trades a day - this is really driving me crazy). I do not even know how to do ATS - there are too many factors.

I do not even know how to do it. I have the same problem, but I think the instruments are different - the systems are different. Adaptation does not work. Although now something is fledgling with neural networks (NS), but there is nothing real yet. But the systems (NS settings) will still be different for different instruments.

On RTS, the market? - Yes, the most liquid instrument on the FORTS. Strange.

Reason: