Do books help you in trading? - page 14

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

You can't use almost anything for markets in principle. The whole difference is that almost any science has -> an object of research, that is, something that stands out in space and time, something that already exists and can be seen, no matter what it is, numbers, letters, particles, periodic fluctuations, seismological activity, but it is something already there. Roughly speaking, we must first find something, find the object of research, something that occurs constantly or is a stable statistical event, for example the transformation of flat into a trend and back, and only then, knowing the object of research, apply something applicable to it. Even the research of transforming the flat into a trend is a very unsolvable task for many people, not to mention the application of something to it.

Still, we have an object - the market or prices on it. The difference is thatthe research changes the behaviour of the object.

Flats, trends, attractors etc. are not real objects, but abstract concepts, like numbers or functions in mathematics.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Still, the object we have is the market or prices in it.

This is very good, of course... but it will not give an understanding of what and how to make money in this very market.

So it is more likely that this is not the object of research, but the medium of research. Applied to earning a living, of course)

Aleksey Nikolayev:
Flats, trends, attractors etc are not real objects, but abstract concepts like numbers or functions in mathematics.

But then again, before I convince you of anything, I would just like to agree that we are talking about profiting from market movements.)

But again, before I convince you of anything, I just want to agree that we are talking about taking profit from market movements. That is, we have a goal - to obtain profit.

The amount of risks, the number of points of profit and, respectively, the time we will have this profit, provided we have found the object of research and determined the stable statistical relationship (SAR), will directly depend on how much profit we want to get. If we don't take it into account, we won't understand each other and further conversation will be absolutely useless =D

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

But then again, before I convince you of anything, I would just like to agree that we are talking about profiting from market movements.)

But again, before I convince you of anything, I just want to agree that we are talking about taking profit from market movements. That is, we have an objective - to obtain profit.

The amount of risks, the number of points of profit and, respectively, the time we will have this profit, provided we have found the object of research and determined the stable statistical relationship (SAR), will directly depend on how much profit we want to get. If we don't take it into account, we will definitely fail to understand each other and further conversation will be absolutely useless =D

For some there are trends/flats, for some there are waves, and for some there is something else (persistence with antipersistence, for example).

Consistency (or lack thereof) in the abstract models used has nothing to do with profit size)

Aleksey Nikolayev:

For some people there are trends/flats, for others there are waves, and for others there is something else (persistence with antipersistence, for example).

Consistency (or lack thereof) in the abstract models used has nothing to do with the size of profit)

Well, then there is no point in continuing the discussion. I guess everyone will stick to his or her opinion.)

And rightly so, because we've gone too far off topic)

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

You can't use almost anything for markets in principle. The whole difference is that almost any science has -> an object of research, that is, something that stands out in space and time, something that already exists and is visible, no matter what it is, numbers, letters, particles, periodic fluctuations, seismological activity, but it is something already there. Roughly speaking, we must first find something, find the object of research, something that occurs constantly or is a stable statistical event, for example the transformation of flat into a trend and back, and only then, knowing the object of research, apply something applicable to it. Even the analysis of the flat transform into a trend is in itself an insoluble task for many people, not to mention the application of something to it.

For example, Oleg Avtomat has been trying to solve this problem for ten years on this forum. And of course he gets nothing. Because initially, he hasn't singled out the object of research on the chart of the quote evolution.

=> He doesn't know what he is investigating, he has no idea what to look for, so he doesn't know what he is getting, he just gets something average <=

So the most important step for the speculator, trader or investor is not the books. It is their own ingenuity and talent. And then everything else.

I've watched the video on Forex for a long time and the author (worked in a bank): "I've studied a lot of indicators, and now I use a simple one" and demonstrates the construction of the Gann swing, and I think the author came to this idea somehow, probably his previous experience of studying indicators, special literature has formed the "idea". To understand the definition of the market situation and the basic concepts without immersion in the market information is unrealistic, and the author could allow himself to share his ideas based on his experience, probably by combining (rethinking) his previous knowledge, i.e. it's difficult to form market definitions without books. The question of the suggested reading of books is subjective, the dynamics of the speed of markets in constant transformation change conditions ( for example American type options on CME are removed from trading ) , what worked in Dow's time may not be relevant now , accordingly a more modern version of the books is preferable .

Veniamin Skrepkov:

I've watched the video on Forex for a long time and the author (who used to work in a bank) said "I've studied a lot of indicators, and now I use a simple one" and demonstrated the Gann swing building, and I thought that the author had probably come to this idea and his previous experience in studying indicators and special literature had formed the "idea". To understand the definition of the market situation and the basic concepts without immersion in the market information is unrealistic, and the author could allow himself to share his ideas based on his experience, probably by combining (rethinking) his previous knowledge, i.e. it's difficult to form market definitions without books. The question of suggested reading of books is subjective, the dynamics of the speed of markets in constant transformation change conditions ( for example American-type options on CME are removed from trading), what worked in Dow's time may not be relevant now, accordingly a more modern version of the book is preferable.

The similarity of environments (or more precisely the similar behaviour of some indicators) makes it possible to apply the same algorithms in different, distant from each other areas.

A fair observation is that the probability of a series of only vowels and a long trend is small.

Why not, you have to try it, because only experience will show the result. Econophysics exists)

The Complete Soviet Encyclopaedia is a great help - you get a table and a chair...

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Robert Hagstrom_Warren Buffett. How to turn $5 into $50 billion. Simple rules of a great investor

Also, a good one by Gunther Max. Axioms of a Stock Speculator.

If anything, I can send you)))

I read the first and second books yesterday. The first book is not suitable for a forex trader, in my opinion.
I liked the book"Axioms of a Stock Speculator" by Gunther Max. It is mostly hackneyed truths, but in an original sauce.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

The similarity of environments (or rather the similar behaviour of some indicators) makes it possible to apply the same algorithms in different, distant areas.

It is fair to say that the probability of a vowel-only series and a long trend is small.

Why not, you have to try it, because only experience will show the result. Econophysics exists, after all)

At his time, Gann has expanded the boundaries of technical analysis adding his own methods to it, thus he accumulated ideas from other areas, and that's interesting - he doesn't have a trading system, there are only technical analysis methods, and he traded on the plus side. One can sometimes read on forums that technical analysis is useless, "it does not work", but the example of Gann shows that technical analysis is transformable, especially in the era of computerization and experience.

Reason: