Are there any competitors? - page 3

mmmoguschiy-new:

So make a compiler for the masses!!! A cross-platform one. You will be priceless!!! I've already made a request and got silence...

As for the rest described above - a toy for virtual data

At least assess your statements from the outside, please.

You are talking outright nonsense, which is incompatible with reality and economic sense.

We have already released 4 generations of MQL languages and compilers for them, reaching the 42nd place in the global table of popularity of programming languages. And it is a tremendous success for a purely application-oriented language.

TIOBE Index | TIOBE - The Software Quality Company
  • www.tiobe.com
TIOBE Index for May 2017 May Headline: the pack is closing in on Java and C Java and C are in a heavy downward trend since the beginning of 2016. Both languages have lost more than 6% if compared to last year. So which programming languages are taking advantage of this drop? Well, actually all the other languages. Since software is adopted by...

Renat Fatkhullin:

You are talking outright nonsense, which is incompatible with reality and economic sense.

We have already released 4 generations of MQL languages and compilers for them, reaching the 42nd place in the global table of popularity of programming languages. And this is a tremendous success for a purely applied language.

Well, that's what I mean!!! There's a means to every end. And yours, even though it's mega-brilliant and I quote "purely applied" and does not fit everywhere!!! Plus the 42nd place is far from the first. So shirt on your chest, tearing up your throat and shouting is inappropriate to say the least!!!!

And I'll repeat - I'm not belittling your service in any way!!!

and quick question - why the rating is mql4, not 5?

mmmoguschiy-new:

Well that's what I'm saying!!! There are means to every end!!! And yours, even though it's mega-rare and I quote "purely applied" and doesn't fit everywhere!!!! Plus the 42nd place is far from the first. So shirt on your chest, tearing up your throat and screaming is inappropriate to say the least!!!

It's very relevant.

Especially when explaining it to people like you. You are the one who came into the thread and started writing nonsense and showing a complete lack of understanding of the tasks at hand. And why the need for understanding? It's enough to jot down words on the subject, as the task is to sketch out the claims, not to defend what has been said.

And it's not the first time you've personally done it. Your history of bans and clones is long enough. Several years spent on this forum should have inevitably given you an understanding of the subject. But no, you have a different problem.

Why MQL4 is in TIOBE has been explained more than once.

The authors of the rating have reasonably thought that MQL4 and MQL5 are one language, and there's no reason to separate them. In the methodology transcript it is written as merging of languages.

https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/programming-languages-definition/#instances

Renat Fatkhullin:

It's very relevant.

Especially when explaining it to people like you. You are the one who came into the thread and started writing nonsense and showing a complete lack of understanding of the tasks at hand. And why the need for understanding? It's enough to jot down words on the subject, as the task is to sketch out the claims, not to defend what has been said.

And it's not the first time you've personally done it. Your history of bans and clones is long enough. Several years spent on this forum should have inevitably given you an understanding of the subject. But no, your task is different.

Renat, don't get personal and don't need to wash my bones (they're already clean ) - I didn't do that!!!

All said - this is just my opinion. It may be wrong in some respects. What prevents you from fully understanding it is personal interest. Anything said against you is taken as an insult. That's your view of the world and nothing more. Perhaps it would be better to listen and perhaps draw some useful conclusions?

I repeat for the 10th time, the product is certainly useful (cool and powerful) but not everywhere and not always! Any, even a great tool in the hands of an amateur is a worthless trinket.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Why MQL4 in TIOBE has been explained more than once.

The authors of the rating have reasonably thought that MQL4 and MQL5 are one language, and there's no reason to separate them. In the methodology transcript it is written as merging of languages.

https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/programming-languages-definition/#instances

I see, thank you for the information.

However, the languages are in the first place, as you can see. Therefore, in spite of all (according to you) ridiculousness of this request, I would like to have a cross-platform platform-independent compiler with a binary output.

Renat Fatkhullin:

We have already released 4 generations of MQL languages and compilers for them, reaching the 42nd place in the global table of popularity of programming languages. And this is a tremendous success for a purely application-oriented language.

From what your opponent said, I understand that he wants a lightweight platform (I could be wrong), not a compiler.

And if you take his words literally, well, yes, nonsense.

I've already proposed to release a stripped-down version without GUI, just for VPN.

You've made one of these for your own use.

Nikolay Demko:

From what your opponent said, I understand that he wants a lightweight platform (I could be wrong), not a compiler.

And if you take his words literally, then yes, nonsense.

I've already made a suggestion to release a stripped down version without GUI, purely for VPN.

You've made one of those for the tournament (purely for yourself).

It's the compiler that's needed. For it is mega-fast. But what's the use of its speed if you can't cram it into a realtime cross-contact fpga-compiler? Or is it nonsense too?

mmmoguschiy-new:

It is the compiler that is needed. For it is mega-fast. But what good is the speed if it cannot be compiled on a realtime fpga-compiler on a cross connector? Or is it nonsense too?

Of course it's nonsense, mql runs in a terminal environment, it has its own optimised datafeed infrastructure, and you want to rip it all out into the outside world. It's easier to use C++ and write your own stuff.

The developers already had experience with native programs, and it ended badly. There are still mql4 decompilers walking around the net until the 200th build. They will not bite on this stuff again. The mql programs will only work in the terminal environment, and only as encrypted files that are compiled on the fly at runtime. Otherwise, the ecosystem they have developed will quickly become not MQ.

Nikolay Demko:

He is not an opponent.

Just pouncing and the history of bans with their descriptions confirms it. Read from the beginning of the thread what nonsense he wrote about toy and fpga, and then changed his mind to "product is definitely powerful".

Reason: