Registration for the Real Accounts (Cents) Championship July 2017 . - page 108

Kirill Belousov:

Missed the question, sorry.

My trading in the contest account is a combination of several experts + visual assessment of the situation with making a decision on entries on specific pairs during the Asian flat, so the profitability depends on the size and nature of volatility on different TFs.

If I designed my TS from the beginning to the end, the TS efficiency would be a complex concept, which would include the efficiency of the capital use, the intensity of the capital use, measures for drawdowns, scalability, risks and other important indicators.

As for now, I am busy studying the peculiarities of the language and preparing my own products for market based on the ideas I have. I am used to much, quickly and deeply studying, so I hope to start successful development in the nearest future after the testing on the real account :)

Well, this verbal fog clearly shows a negative answer to the question posed.

NO, you cannotdeterminethe effectiveness of your TS when working on a real account.

From your answer it follows that you are not familiar with the technical term efficiency, you do not know its definition and you do not know how to calculate this efficiency.

In fact, everything falls into place if you use clearly established rules and terminology.

Moscow: Nauka, 1988. - 56 с. - ISBN: 5-02-006617-6 (Collections of recommended terms, issue 107).

This terminology is recommended by Committee for Scientific and Technical Terminology of USSR Academy of Sciences for application in scientific literature, educational process, reference publications etc. Terminology is recommended by Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of USSR for higher and secondary special educational institutions. Recommended terms are reviewed in terms of linguistic norms by the Institute of Russian Language of the USSR Academy of Sciences.

The system of notions and terms used in this book is the result of conceptual and terminological analysis of the management theory, which includes the following problems
- setting control tasks: formulation of control objectives, definition of control object functions, definition of information about processes in the object, selection of control actions, setting restrictions on the area of permissible object's states, establishment of control quality indicators, taking into account influence of the external environment and operating conditions of the control object (regulator, system)
- development of control principles: determination of transformations of information on processes in the object required for making control actions, determination of functional and algorithmic structures of the control object;
- development of methods and tools for analysis of processes in control systems: development of a language for describing processes in systems, definition of adequate tools for modelling these processes, definition of methods for processing of modelling results
- Development of methods for synthesising structures and calculating parameters of control objects.

The terminology presented in this publication forms a system of terms and definitions, which cover, along with the control theory's own concepts, a number of concepts borrowed from related disciplines. Some of the terms and their definitions have been clarified in relation to the specifics of the considered sphere of science and the accepted system of notions.
In the book, the control theory concepts are systematised into the following sections:
I - Basic concepts;
II - Control objects;
III - Actions and signals;
IV - Types of Control;
V - Principles of Control;
VI - Control objects;
VII - Control systems;
VIII - Typical laws of control;
IX - Elements of management systems;
X - Structures of management systems;
XI - States and characteristics of control systems and their elements;
XII - Properties of control systems and their elements.
The construction of terminology has been based on the general principles and methods developed by the Committee.
The proposed terminology mainly refers to the management of technical and technological objects; nevertheless, an essential part of it also corresponds to the management of organizational, economic and other objects.
In the future, it is intended to expand the compendium to include concepts specific to the management of non-technical facilities.

231. Effectiveness
Effectivity

A characteristic of an object defined by the ratio of the usefulness of the results of the intended use of the object to the costs and losses caused by the development, creation and operation of this object.

=====================================================

And there is no need to make a big deal out of it.

Using the definition of efficiency, we can calculate this indicator for each individual vehicle.

If you want, you can compare these figures of the competitors ;)))

Олег avtomat:

Forex is a free, unpredictable market and everyone understands it differently

The old Soviet notions do not work here.

P.S. For example, I can confirm that the most effective trading I have, given that I started to participate with a week's delay. So what of it?

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Forex is a free, unpredictable market and everyone understands it differently

The old Soviet notions do not work here.

What does "Soviet notions" have to do with it? ??????? The market is "free" ???? "Everyone understands it his own way" ????

You're getting madder and madder...

Man, it's like a looking glass upside down...

Олег avtomat:

This indicator, called "efficiency" by the organisers, and determining (in their view) the "efficiency" of an individual trader (note, not an interconnected team of traders, just an individual trader), should be autonomous, and not depend on the vagaries of trading by random neighbours, which are the contestants in the current contest.

That is correct. But how to determine effectiveness autonomously, for each contestant. Maybe this was suggested to you from above?

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

This is correct. But how to determine effectiveness autonomously, for each participant. Maybe you have been told this from above?

It's not hard to do. You just need to get rid of the nonsense in your head, with which you have it stuffed to the gills:

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Forex is a free, unpredictable market and everyone understands it differently.

The old Soviet concepts do not work here.

You're some kind of engineer and you say such things... I didn't expect such a thing from you, frankly...

This girl will tear us all apart :)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I find the most sane formula proposed by Automat

Score =Gain/Drawdown

Vitaly says that this is the formula proposed by Automat.

Suppose we have 3 participants:

1. Score = 160 / 80 = 2.

2. score = 60 / 30 = 2

3. Score = 10 / 5 = 2.

Which of them is the winner ?

We must also take into account that the drawdown can grow to 100%, and the gain is infinite. I.e. they do not have the same weights. They must also have a non-linear relationship.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Vitaly says that this formula is suggested by Automat.

Let's say we have 3 contestants:

1. Score = 160 / 80 = 2.

2. score = 60 / 30 = 2

3. Score = 10 / 5 = 2.

Which one of them is the winner ?

We should also take into account that the drawdown can go up to 100% and the gain is infinite. I.e. they don't have the same weights. They must also have a non-linear relationship.

To clarify:

Oleg avtomat2017.07.07 00:21 #861

Oleg avtomat2012.07.22 11:50RU

Food for thought.

We call a purposive system whose behaviour pursues a goal formed by a supersystem: "to reach a given level", "to survive", "to win", etc. Mathematically, this is expressed by the fact that the system, of all possible states, accepts a state, which provides an increase (preservation) of a certain state functional. This functional is a measure of purposefulness and is called efficiency. We use "definition by abstraction" (a classic example is the following definition: "The power of a set is the way in which sets are compared with each other").

From this definition follows:
- The notion of efficiency is external to the system, i.e., no description of the system may be sufficient to introduce an efficiency measure;
- evaluation of efficiency requires consideration of the properties of the supersystem and, in this sense, encompasses both the system and the supersystem;
- non-targeted (having no goal) systems are not characterised by efficiency.

The contradictory properties of the concept of efficiency create certain difficulties in its understanding, interpretation and application. The contradiction is that, on the one hand, efficiency is an attribute of the system, and on the other hand, the assessment of efficiency relies on properties of the supersystem.

Олег avtomat:

It's not hard to do. All you have to do is to get the stupidity out of your head, with which you have it stuffed up to the eyeballs:

You're some kind of engineer and you're talking like this... I didn't expect that from you, frankly...

First you have to show who is capable of what, and then perform.

Reason: