MT4-Tester VS MT5-Tester - page 8

-Aleks-:

What is the point of this - a single MT5 pass uses one core, while an MT4 optimisation runs a terminal for each core.

Comment 62 and generally in this thread points out the optimisation mode where just MT5 easily rips MT4. But the conclusions are built the other way round.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Comment 62 and in this thread in general points out optimization mode, where just MT5 easily beats MT4. But conclusions are drawn the other way round.

I understand that it's about optimisation. I'm just in favour of comparing speed with a single core, because:

1. Different CPUs have different numbers of cores.

2. Working with 1 core of MT4 is compensated by launching several terminals - it is actual for testing an idea on several symbols at once (to exclude the contingency).

fxsaber:

speed up their EAs by orders of magnitude through custom history, without losing accuracy at all. In MT5, unfortunately, this cannot be done yet.

I would like the MT5 tester would not create duplicates on FOREX symbols. Ideally, of course, it should be custom.

Clear examples of acceleration through custom.

The simplest one is that the custom history does not contain duplicates.

A bit more complicated - let's analyze TC that is reversed inside PriceChannel. Obviously, the longer is the period of PriceChannel building, the less is the amount of price information needed. This way you can throw out > 90% of the price series and speed up the tester by an order of magnitude.

The trick is that each TS can form its own highly reduced custom history without losing a bit in accuracy of the result but increasing the speed of testing.

These are the simplest cases.

fxsaber:

The point is that for each TS you can form your own highly customised history, without losing a bit in accuracy of results, but with a tremendous improvement in the speed of testing.

This is cool and really can and should be used for optimization.

But in topics like this, where Renat is present (and there is a hope that he will hear the arguments and improve MT5), I would rely more on what the masses can (and will) use.
Such an argument would be a thousand times more important than any argument concerning a particular case of some geek's optimization of some castaway strategy.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

But in topics like this, where Renat is present (and there is hope that he will hear the arguments and refine MT5), I would rely more on what the masses can (and will) use.

Such an argument would be a thousand times more important than any one concerning a particular case of optimization of some castaway strategy by some geek.

Just off the top of my head about the masses. You can download a product from Market which creates a full-fledged synthetic tool in the terminal (you can trade, run indicators on it, test it, etc.) with necessary for user statistical characteristics ("more" flat, trending, etc.).

If I understand correctly, this is what has been voiced (apart from trading) as the developers' distant plans.

There is no need to send any other ticks than real ticks to the input of the tester or to MT5 at all.

At the moment every developer has the possibility to receive real ticks, which are sent to MT5 by the broker.

There were and are generated ticks in the tester, and it allowed more than 90% of developers to cheat, showing millions of profit in the tester in the mode NOT on real ticks on the market.

Now on the tester in "Every tick based on real ticks" mode you can get real ticks, select and process from there what you need to develop the most complex robots.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Already there were and now are generated ticks on the tester, and this has enabled over 90% of developers to cheat by showing millions in profits on the market on the tester in NOT on real ticks mode.

Now on the tester in "Every tick based on real ticks" mode you can get real ticks, select and process from there what you need to develop the most complex robots.

Read only the highlighted in yellow. And there is nothing stopping you from writing "Every tick based on custom ticks".

fxsaber:
Read only highlighted in yellow. There is nothing stopping you from writing "Every tick based on custom ticks".

If you think that some people also show million-dollar profits on real ticks, then I will tell you that you can do the same with custom ticks.

And don't think you are the only one who knows how to do it. There is only one way out. Create a corresponding signal where the robot trades and in the history of the signal add a sign of the trading type:manual trading or with a robot.

Although there is no 100% protection and never will be.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

If you think that some also show million-dollar profits on real ticks, then I will say that the same can be done with custom ticks.

It's good to realise that there is an equal amount of "cheating" in custom and real ticks.

The custom ones are not for Market or even Public. It's almost exclusively for internal use.

And the generalisation of custom history can indeed be massive.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

MT4-Tester VS MT5-Tester

fxsaber, 2017.05.09 14:32

You can download a product from Market that will create a full-fledged (you can trade, run indicators on it, test, etc) synthetic instrument with the stats you want ("more" flat, trending, etc) in the terminal.

fxsaber:

It's good to realise that there is an equal amount of "cheating" in custom and real ticks.

The custom ones are not for Market or even Public. It's almost exclusively for internal use.

And the generalisation of the custom story can, indeed, be massive.

You don't have to be so self-righteous. There are always smarter people. You have to remember the cartoon: "I am the smartest".

Once upon a time, about 6 or 7 years ago, the beginner terminal (not MT) at forexclub had a weekend contest.

On weekends some parts of historical ticks were fed into the terminal's input, but in a modified and accelerated form. On these ticks the contest was held.

If there are about 30 or more currency pairs on MT5, they are the custom quotes. And why come up with something new, especially since you can't make money on them. Who needs them ?

Reason: