Chatter about the MT5 strategy tester - page 6

Yuriy Zaytsev:
It's been brought up before.

Yes. I suspect it's been written about in the SD before and more than once.

While spaceships are sailing through the big theatre, millions of MT users are storing petabytes of the same data on their HDDs.

Yuriy Zaytsev:
this subject has been raised before.

Sadly, it's still there...

xxz:

The sad thing is that the prices are still there...

Well, in theory that would be nice.

But you know that every broker has his own personal candlesticks - his own spreads, his own forex in his own closed world.

The prices at each office are personal, they may not coincide with the prices in the neighbouring "kitchen", put them on the stove by themselves and make the right quote.

In theory, yes - they should coincide - but the reality is different!

The common folder with the history cannot be a priori, alas, and that's a pity.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Well, in theory that would be nice.

But you know that every broker has his own personal candlesticks - his own spreads, his own forex in his own closed world.

The prices at each office personally, which may not coincide with the neighboring "kitchen", put it on the stove yourself - and cooked up the desired quote.

In theory, yes - they should match - but reality is different!

You can't have a common history folder a priori, which is a pity.

So no one pretends to put quotations of different brokers in the same folder,

The history of one broker from different terminals can be gathered in one folder.

xxz:

So no one pretends to bring together in one folder quotes from different brokers,

It is enough to put one broker from different terminals into one folder.

I don't know, I have 12 terabytes on my home machine, I don't have any problems with space, I don't want to get a lot of glitches, and I don't want to get a bunch of glitches, but I don't have any problems with space.

I don't know, I have 12 terabytes on my home machine, I don't want to get a bunch of glitches, having multiple terminals trying to compete for one resource.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

I don't know, I have 12 terabytes on my home machine, I don't have any problems with space, I don't want to get a lot of glitches, having several terminals trying to compete for one resource.

I do not know, I have 12 terabytes on my home machine, as it has no problems with space, I do not want to get a bunch of glitches, having multiple terminals trying to compete for one resource.

Yuri, the shared folder link method works. Besides, have you ever heard of databases? - The database scheme is easily implemented for MT platform, if only the developers would be willing.

Besides, if developers don't want to bother with databases, they could implement the scheme of shared folder and work with it by link in normal mode, without the need to make snotty users (99% of them) to bother with links.

For example, in terminal's parameters there is "Shared folder with data" tab, where user specifies position of shared folder, and voila! - terminal already knows where to store data and where to go to get it. This is, after all, the twenty-first century!

Andrey Dik:
Yuri, the shared folder method in the link works. Also, have you ever heard of databases? - The database schema is easily implemented for the MT platform, if only the developers were willing.

+++

Yuriy Zaytsev:

I don't know, I have 12 terabytes on my home machine, I don't have a problem with space, I don't want to get a bunch of glitches, having several terminals trying to compete for one resource.

I don't know , I have 12 terabytes on my home machine , I don't want to get a bunch of glitches , having multiple terminals trying to compete for one resource .

Besides I'm not sure that in any case (MT4) there quotes in the history folder are not updated on every tick, but most likely only when closing the terminal the files are updated and the new accumulated info is added to them. In addition, the history request is not often needed, and to implement the function "Who got up first" is a cakewalk.

xxz:

10. Stretch the cranking speed range between the fastest speed and the one before it.

This has been written about many times, but it's still there. Maybe they can't figure out to use a logarithmic relationship).

khorosh:
It's been written about many times, but it's still there. Maybe they can't figure out that a logarithmic relationship should be used?)
Slava already gave an answer to this question. A long time ago. Look for it in his posts - he described the reason for it being the way it is now.
Reason: