Help make the robot profitable - page 9

<br / translate="no">.
Eugene Panin:

OK, what exactly should I post?

I make the robot in Wizard MQL5.

The main signal is volatility breakout according to Larry Williams, when distance from High to Close changes sharply up or down.

The problem is sideways. I try to sift them out, they do not work.

I added filter by averages - to buy when fast is higher than slow and vice versa. It did not help.

I added an ADX filter - to buy/sell when ADX is rising - did not help.

I still get long losing series.

I am sure there is a way to fix it - I would like to know it.

If I wanted to trade on a daily or even hourly volatility indicator (I should experiment, but first I would set it for one hour timeframe), the quote would pass by x2 points preset to takeprofit of the EA. The EA would enter the trade and in most cases it would manage to trade 50 or 100 points, but not every day for some currency pair, but in multicurrency algorithmic trading it is realistic. I can and will implement only such logic into my EA. But it's hard to use one indicator for entry by 3 indicators - volatility, MA (100) and Fibonacci levels. I have an idea how to explain it in MQL5)). We are working on it.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Don't repeat what many people say. Trend lines including the current trend are very easy to identify visually, but it is not possible to formalise it.

And I still haven't seen that anyone has programmed it.

The trend is a linear function. Simple mathematics. I don't think there can be a problem. Suppose by closing the prices of the last five bars one can determine whether the market is trending or flat. If opening price of the current bar is higher or lower than closing price of all previous 5 bars, it is a trend indicator, and if closing price of at least one of the previous bars was not shown in such order, it is a trend change (consider that it is a flat indicator). The volatility here should also be measured, i.e. the step of price/quote change proper. I think those who know MQL programming can implement it in code.
Reason: