Damned Martin - page 26

Looking for a base for martin.

Aim for 70+% profitable trades at tp=sl

trader781:

Looking for a base for martin.

Aim for 70+% profitable trades at tp=sl

why would you need a martin at these rates?

Aleksey Vakhrushev:
Why do you need a martin for such indicators?
Because if you make it from scratch, it's a guarantee of failure.

trader781:
Because if you do it out of the box, it's a guarantee of failure.
I mean, if your system gives 70%+ trades in profit at tp=sl why would you need a martin? A normal MM would be a big deal with this rate.

Alexander Ivanov:
If two trades open in different directions at once, it makes no difference whether they are trending or non-trending. Either way, one of the sides will go with the trend.
You wroteMartinitis separately for each direction. So I was wondering what kind of martinet to use in this case? If you do not understand what we are talking about, then write in detail how you expect to open next trades with a larger lot.

Aleksey Vakhrushev:
I mean, if your system gives 70%+ trades in profit at tp=sl why do you need a martin? A normal MM will do a hell of a lot with that rate.
70% trades in profit does not mean that the system is profitable. It may be that 7 deals out of 10 have profit, and 3 others lose deposit. It will turn out that 70 percent of deals are profitable, while the deposit is lost. And a regular MM will help to do it faster).

Aleksey Vakhrushev:
I mean if your system returns 70% profit with tp=sl why do you need a martin? A normal MM will do a lot with this rate

Think of it as my whim.

And I need such a system as a basic one.

Besides, I've seen many robots with correct entry rates of 90-95%.

This is good enough for me.

khorosh:
70% of trades are profitable does not mean that the system is profitable. There may be 7 trades out of ten that are profitable, and the remaining 3 that are profitable lose the deposit. It will turn out that 70 percent of transactions are profitable, and the deposit is lost. And a normal MM will help to do it faster.)
So, tp=sl.

Aleksey Vakhrushev:
So tp=sl.
Then you're right, didn't notice that condition. In that case it would have been a grail. Martin is unnecessary.

khorosh:
Then you're right, didn't notice that condition. In that case it would have been a grail. Martin is unnecessary.
It's a stop martin. Stoploss is close. If a trade closes in a loss, the lot will increase in the next order. If you close in profit, the lot will return to the initial size.
Some people also move the take and stop a bit.
Reason: