Damned Martin - page 21

khorosh:

An EA using a trend-following martin has a nicer testing chart. Without the pairwise close.

Did you write it yourself?

trader781:
wrote it yourself?
Of course you did. Since 2009 I've been messing around with martins from time to time. But do not be seduced by the pretty picture, the drawdown is big. You cannot see it on the chart because all orders are closed at once.

khorosh:
Of course. Since 2009 I occasionally mess around with martins. But do not be seduced by the pretty picture, the drawdown is large. You cannot see it on the chart because all orders are closed at once.

then that's what I need.

How do you build a grid with a martin in that case?

khorosh:
Of course. Since 2009 I occasionally use martins. I have been trading from time to time. But do not be seduced by the pretty picture, the drawdown is large. You cannot see it on the chart because all orders are closed at once.

Work in the strategy tester MetaTrader 5 and you will immediately see your BALANCE and CASH and DEPOSIT LOAD:

MetaTrader 5 tester

khorosh:

An EA that uses a trend-following martin has a nicer testing chart. Without the pairwise close.

You cited an unclear chart, two people here have already cited results on USDCHF from 2000 for comparison(!). I cited with a $100 initial balance. I have it survived, so did Sergei. We do not know what Sergei's initial balance was.

Try now, if it's not too difficult, to test it and post it here. Take the initial $100. Or at least 1000.

Sergey Gritsay:
Sketched out a new version of the EA, implemented a pairwise closing and dynamic calculation of the order volume of the next knee. Only buying is working so far.
Sergei, I am a little confused with the settings.

How do I disable dynamic lot calculation and enable reinvestment? I have the MA in the previous version, but it lacked the pairwise and reinvestment. And here it opens huge volumes

Vladimir Karputov:

Work in the strategy tester MetaTrader 5 and you will immediately see your BALANCE and CASH and DEPOSIT LOAD:

I already know the maximum drawdown. It is in the report. Moreover, at the end of the test I have a printout of the date and time when it occurred. I'm old and my eyesight is bad, so I don't want to switch to a new platform. If I had been younger, I would definitely have switched.

Ivan Butko:
You have cited an unclear chart, two people here have already cited results on USDCHF from 2000 as an example for comparison(!). I cited with $100 initial balance. I have it survived, so did Sergei. We do not know what Sergei's initial balance was.

Try now, if it's not too difficult, to test it and post it here. Take the initial $100. Or at least 1000.
My Expert Advisor is trending - why should I test it on a flat pair? On my chart I am using $30 deposit (3000 cents)

khorosh:
My Expert Advisor is trending - why should I test it on a flat pair? On the above chart I am using a deposit of 30$(3000 cents)

Well this is not from the tester, there are no pair closes, depo $ 500 (cent), period of work - 1 year and 14 days, pairs in work - 22, the initial lot - 0.1, then in July raised to 0.2. I got into drawdown with 0.2 lot, just on the night fall of the pound in September, and everything was fine, until the force majeure.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Well this is not from the tester, there are no pair closes, depo $500 (cent), period of work - 1 year and 14 days, pairs in work - 22, the initial lot - 0.1, then in July raised to 0.2. I got into drawdown with 0.2 lot just on the night fall of the pound in September, and everything was fine, until the force majeure.

Is the EA trending? I wonder why the Brexit period, when the pound was wobbling in June, went through without any problems, but in September the drawdown.
Reason: